The Analysis of Low Temperature Toughness on X80 Pipeline Steel Welded Joint
Aiming at the security problems of pipeline steel application, the different positions of the welded joints of circumferentially welding pipeline of X80 steel were investigated by microstructure observation, the hardness, Charpy impact toughness and crack tip opening displacement (CTOD) test at low temperature. The Vickers hardness test results show that there are local softened regions in heat-affected zone (HAZ). Charpy impact test indicate that the ductile–brittle transition temperature of weld is below − 60 °C, the ductile–brittle transition temperature of HAZ is around − 38 °C. CTOD test reveal that the fracture toughness of HAZ shows a large fluctuation since it is in the ductile–brittle transition temperature regime.
KeywordsX80 pipeline steel Welded joint Microstructure Fracture toughness
- 3.Motohashi H, Hagiwara N, and Masuda T, Weld Int 19 (2005) 100.Google Scholar
- 8.Xu C M, Li R B, Wang J L, and Zhang G G, Adv Mater Res 476–478 (2012) 321.Google Scholar
- 9.Batista G Z, Carvalho L D P, Da Silva M S, and Souza M P, Weld J 95, 363s–370s (2016).Google Scholar
- 10.BS7448: Fracture mechanics toughness tests, Part 2. Method for determination of KIC, critical CTOD and critical J values of welds in metallic materials. British Standard (1997).Google Scholar
- 11.API Standard 1104: Welding of Pipeline and Related Facilities (2013).Google Scholar