Dynamic assessment of island ecological security under urbanization: a case study of Pingtan Island in the Southeast Coast of China
- 103 Downloads
The ecological security status of Pingtan Island (PI) from 2005 to 2011 is evaluated dynamically. Results show that the ecological status of PI is increasing, and the quality of its environment is constantly optimized, especially during 2009–2012. Principal component analysis is used to analyze the driving forces of the ecological security of PI. The driving force, status, and response of PI determine its ecological security. The effect was evident in 2011. The trend of principal component synthetic score is consistent with that of the ecological security dynamic map of PI. This study can enrich the empirical case and the relevant theoretical system of environment assessment in the island. Meanwhile, it can provide reference for the evaluation methods of ecological security status of the same kind of islands at home and abroad as well as the optimal control policies.
KeywordsSurvival environment Process of urbanization Ecological security evaluation Driving force analysis Pingtan Island
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Fund project “coastal zone of Jiangsu modern Sedimentation rate and heavy metal source tracer studies” (No.41373112); Jiangsu Social Science Fund “Jiangsu marine development evaluation index system” (No.17GLB003); Major Program of the Philosophy and Social Science Fund of Education Department of Jiangsu Province (No.2017ZDAXM005); Major Program of National Philosophy and Social Science Foundation of China (No.16ZDA054).
- Fan YS, Chen S, Gu G (2016) Change of island landscape ecological risk:a case study of Zhujiajian Island of Zhoushan. Mar Sci Bull 01:1–10Google Scholar
- Huang H, Chen B, Ma ZY, Liu ZH, Zheng SL, Yu WW, Liao JJ, Hu WJ, Du JG, Chen GC (2017) Assessing the ecological security of the estuary in view of the ecological services-A case study of theXiamen Estuary. Ocean Coast Manag 137(1):12–23Google Scholar
- Suo AN, Guan D, Sun Y, Lin Y, Zhang M (2016) Advances in coastal landscape ecology and its role in the construction of marine ecological civilization. Acta Ecol Sin 11:3167–3175Google Scholar
- UNEP (2002) Global environment out look. Earthscan Publication Ltd, London, p 91Google Scholar
- Wang L, Bian Z, Chen H (2014) Land ecological security assessment for Yancheng city based on catastrophe theory. Earth Sci Res J 18(2):181–187Google Scholar
- Wu CY, Yang JH, Xu ZH (2012b) Research on the evaluation of flood disaster based on principal component projection method. China Saf Sci J 04:121–126Google Scholar
- Ye SF, Guo ZY (2012) The assessment and decision of the integrated carrying capacity in the Yangtze Delta coastal area: theory and practice. Ocean Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- Zhang ZH, Ye SF, Zhu MY (2008) Valuation of typical marine ecosystem services. Marine Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- Zhang X, Tao P, Cheng J (2016) Method and application of resource and environment carrying capacity assessment for island offshore sea areas. Res Environ Sci 11:1725–1734Google Scholar
- Zhou B, Yu H, Zhong LS, Chen T (2016) Developmental trend forecasting of tourism ecological security trend:the case of Mount Putuo Island. Acta Ecol Sin 23:7792–7803Google Scholar