Fragile watermarking tamper detection via bilinear fuzzy relation equations
- 60 Downloads
We present a fragile color image watermarking based on the greatest solution of a bilinear fuzzy relation equation. The original image is coded with fuzzy transforms and divided in sub-images of sizes 2 × 2 called blocks. The watermark is applied on these blocks. A pre-processing phase is used to determine the best compression rate for the coding process. We test this scheme in tamper detection analysis on a sample of color images having different sizes. The results show that the proposed algorithm is better than that one obtained by using our previous method. Furthermore comparisons with various block-based fragile watermarking methods are made in our tests.
KeywordsFragile watermarking Block-wise Scheme Bilinear fuzzy relation equation Fuzzy transform Tamper detection Tamper localization
This paper was performed under the auspices of INDAM-GCNS.
This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
- Cox IJ, Miller M, Bloom J, Fridrich J, Kalker T (2008) Digital watermarking and stenography. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco, ISBN: 9780123725851Google Scholar
- Li X, Zhang H, Chen M (2012) Self-recovery fragile watermarking based on superior block-wise tamper detection. In:Proceedings of 11th IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Beijng, pp. 1697–1700. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICoSP.2012.6491907
- Nobuhara H, Pedrycz W, Hirota K (2002) A digital watermarking algorithm using image compression method based on fuzzy relational equations. In: Proceedings of FUZZ-IEEE 2002, Vol. 2, IEEE Press, pp. 1568–1573. https://doi.org/10.1109/FUZZ.2002.1006740
- Perfilieva I (2006) Fuzzy transforms. Fuzzy Sets Syst 157 (8): 993 – 1023. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fss.2005.11.012
- Shih FY (2007) Digital watermarking and steganography: fundamentals and techniques. CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group). Abingdon. ISBN: 9781420047578Google Scholar
- Walton S (1995) Information authentification for a slippery new age. Dr Dobbs J 20(4):18–26Google Scholar
- Wolfgang RB, Podilciuk CI, Delp EJ (1998) The effect of the matching watermark and compression transforms in compressed color images. In: Proceedings IEEE International conference in image processing (ICIP1), Chicago, pp. 440–444. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICIP.1998.723519