Investigation of scattering of a pair chiral spheres
- 7 Downloads
We study the complex scattering of a pair of chiral spheres in the elliptical Gaussian beam. A system identification model of scattered field is established for two chiral spheres when they are irradiated by electromagnetic beam. Variations of the radar cross section both of isolated chiral sphere and a pair of chiral spheres versus the chiral parameter are developed and we also studied the behavior of the coefficients of scattering waves from two chiral spheres. It is found that when the chiral parameter valued in a range, it may reduce the radar cross section, and the false targets surrounding the real target may not only confuse Radar; but also reduce the radar cross-section of the real target. The method used in this article may have the property of simplicity and can also be used to research scattered field of three or more chiral spheres.
KeywordsChiral medium Complex scattering Electromagnetic interaction
PACS Nos.78.67.Pt 52.40.Db 52.59.-f
This work is partly supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 60971079), the Natural Science Basic Research Plan in Shaanxi Province of China (Grant No. 2018JQ6094).
- V K Varadan and A Lakhtakia J. Wave-Material Interaction 2 79 (1987)Google Scholar
- M Ahmed Int. J. Electron. Commun. 70 629 (2016)Google Scholar
- V Demir, A Elsherbeni, D. Worasawate and E Arvas IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag. Mag. 46 9499 (2004)Google Scholar
- G Gouesbet, J A Lock and G Grehan J. Quant. Spectrosc. Radiat. Transfer 112 27 (2011)Google Scholar
- Z S Wu, L X Guo and K F Ren Appl. Opt 36 51 (1997)Google Scholar
- C N Chiu IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat. 47 123 (2005)Google Scholar
- A Ishimaru Wave Propagation and Scattering in Random Medium (New York: Academic press) p 29 (1978)Google Scholar