AC conductivity and conduction mechanism study of rubidium gadolinium diphosphate compound
The diphosphate RbGdP2O7 compound has been synthesized by the conventional solid-state reaction method and characterized by X-ray powder diffraction, Raman spectroscopy and impedance spectroscopy. The title compound crystallizes in the monoclinic system with P21/c space group. The AC electrical conductivity was measured in a frequency range from 200 Hz to 1 MHz and temperature range 480–580 K. Impedance plot revealed the presence of two contributions at different temperatures associated with grain and grain boundary. The obtained results were analyzed by fitting the experimental data to an equivalent circuit model based on the ZView software. The temperature dependence of these contributions is found to obey the Arrhenius law with activation energies 0.42 eV and 0.32 eV, respectively. The alternating current (AC) conductivity of grain contribution follows the universal Jonscher’s power law. The temperature dependency of frequency exponent ‘s’ shows that the correlated barrier hopping model (CBH) is the most responsible mechanism for AC conduction in the investigated compound. The theoretical fitting between the proposed model and the experimental data showed good agreement.
KeywordsRbGdP2O7 X-ray diffraction Ac conductivity Conduction mechanism
PACS Nos.61.05.cp 07.50.-e 52.25.Mq 78.20.Bh
This work is financially supported by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research of Tunisia.
- Y Ben Taher, A Oueslati and M Gargouri J. Alloys Compd. 668 206 (2016)Google Scholar
- R Ben Said, B Louati and K Guidara Ionics 20 703 (2014)Google Scholar
- J L Yuan, J Wang, Z J Zhang, J T Zhao and G B Zhang Opt. Mater. 30 132 (2008)Google Scholar
- R Ben Said, B Louati and K Guidara Ionics 20 1071 (2014)Google Scholar
- S A El-Hakim, F A El-Wahab, A S Mohamed, and M F Kotkata. phys. stat. sol (a). 198, 128 (2003)Google Scholar
- A K Jonscher, Dielectric Relaxation in Solids (1983)Google Scholar
- S Das, S Banerjee and T P Sinha J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. Res. 1 1 (2017)Google Scholar
- N Mehtaa, D Kumarb, S Kumarc and A Kumard Chalcogenide Lett. 2 103 (2005)Google Scholar
- N F Mott, E A Davis, 2nd edn. Clarendon Press, Oxford (1979)Google Scholar