Incorporation of MoS2 nanoflakes into poly(3-hexylthiophene)/n-type Si devices to improve the rectification behavior and optoelectronic performance
- 50 Downloads
This study determines the effect of incorporating MoS2 nanoflakes into poly(3-hexylthiophene) (P3HT) on the electrical conduction mechanisms using the rectification current–voltage characteristics of P3HT/n-type Si devices. It is shown that the forward-voltage current for P3HT/n-type Si devices is limited by the combined effect of thermionic emission and space-charge-limited current conduction. However, carrier transport for P3HT:MoS2/n-type Si devices in the forward-voltage region is almost dominated by thermionic emission. Incorporation of MoS2 nanoflakes into P3HT modifies the P3HT-Si interface and the values for the carrier mobility in the P3HT layer and the external quantum efficiency of the P3HT/n-type Si devices are significantly increased, which improves the rectification and optoelectronic performance of P3HT:MoS2/n-type Si devices.
KeywordsHeterojunction Polymer Electrical properties Thin films Two-dimensional materials
PACS Nos.72.80.Cw Elemental semiconductors 72.80.Tm Composite materials 73.40.Lq Other semiconductor-to-semiconductor contacts, p-n junctions, and heterojunctions 73.90. + f Other topics in electronic structure and electrical properties of surfaces, interfaces, thin films, and low-dimensional structures
The authors acknowledge the support of the Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan (Contract No. 106-2112-M-018-001-MY3) in the form of Grants.
- C Y Liu, Z C Holman and U R Kortshagen Nano Lett. 9 449 (2009)Google Scholar
- A Tsumura, H Koezuka and T Ando Appl. Phys. Lett. 49 1210 (1986)Google Scholar
- Y J Lin, T H Su and S M Chen J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28 14430 (2017)Google Scholar
- Y J Lin and T H Su J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28 10106 (2017)Google Scholar
- D K Schroder Semiconductor Material and Device Characterization (New York: John Wiley & Sons) (1998)Google Scholar
- D A Neamen Semiconductor Physics & Devices (Boston: McGraw-Hill) (2002)Google Scholar
- A A El-Shazly, H S Metwally, A M Farid, H A Hussainey and A A M Farag Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys. 36 753 (1998)Google Scholar
- M Ilhan J. Mater. Electron. Dev. 1 15 (2015)Google Scholar