The rotational–vibrational properties of 178−188Os isotopes
- 93 Downloads
The properties of the ground and excited-state bands of 178−188Os nuclei have been studied. The ratio E γ /I has been calculated as a function of the spin (I) to determine the ground-state evolution. The ratio between the energies of the (I + 2) and (I) states as a function of the spin (I) has been drawn to determine the property of the ground-state band. The energy levels for the ground-state band of 178−188Os have been calculated using Bohr–Mottelson model, Interacting Boson Model, interacting vector boson model and Doma–El-Gendy relation. The negative parity band of 178−188Os has been also calculated using above models. The γ-band of 178−188Os isotopes and β-band states of 178,182,184Os isotopes have been calculated using Interacting Boson Model. The parameters of the best fit to the measured data are determined.
KeywordsGround-state band E-GOS The ratio between the energies of I and I + 2 IBM-1 IVBM D–G formula
PACS Nos.21.60.Fw 21.10.Re 23.20.Lv
The authors would like to thank Dr. K. I. Saeed and Dr. A. K. Mheemeed of the Mosul University for useful discussions.
- K S Krane: Introductory Nuclear Physics (New York: John Willey and Sons) (1987)Google Scholar
- A M Khalaf and A M Ismail Prog. Phys. 2 98 (2013)Google Scholar
- A Bohr and B R Mottelson Mat. Fys. Medd 27 16 (1953)Google Scholar
- F Iachello, K Abrahams, K Allaart and A E Dieperink Nuclear Structure (New York: Plenum Press) (1981)Google Scholar
- ENSDF http://www.nndc.bnl.gov/ensdf (Nuclear data sheet) (2009)