Cold nuclear modifications at RHIC and LHC
- 32 Downloads
We use recent nuclear parton distributions, among them the Hirai — Kumano — Nagai (HKN) and Eskola — Paukkunen — Salgado (EPS08) parameterizations, in our pQCD-improved parton model to calculate the nuclear modification factor, R AA′ (p T ), at RHIC and at the LHC. At RHIC, the deuteron-gold nuclear modification factor for pions, measured at p T ≥ 10 GeV/c in central collisions, appears to deviate more from unity than the model results. The slopes of the calculated R dAu (p T ) are similar to the slopes of the PHENIX pion and photon data. At LHC, without final-state effects we see a small enhancement of R dPb (p T ) in the transverse momentum range 10 GeV/c ≥ p T ≥ 100 GeV/c for most parameterizations. The inclusion of final-state energy loss will reduce the R dPb (p T ) values.
KeywordsEMC Effect-Cronin Effect Non-abelian jet-energy loss purturbative QCD
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B A Cole, G G Barnaföldi, P Lévai, G Papp and G Fai arXiv:hep-ph/0702101 (2007)Google Scholar
- K J Eskola, H Paukkunen and C A Salgado arXiv:0802.0139 (2008)Google Scholar
- D Peressounko et al., [PHENIX] arXiv:nucl-ex/0609037 (2006)Google Scholar
- N Arnesto (ed.) et al., J. Phys. G35 054001 (2008)Google Scholar
- G G Barnaföldi et al., arXiv:0805.0335 (Submitted) J. Phys. G (2008)Google Scholar