Synthesis of New 2-Amino-3-(2-Oxothiazol-Methyl)-Substituted-1,4-Naphthoquinone Derivatives Based on Silica Nanoparticles as a Reusable Heterogeneous Catalyst
- 38 Downloads
A novel series of 2-amino-3-(2-oxothiazol-methyl)-substituted-1,4-naphthoquinone compounds were designed and prepared, by the three-component one-pot reaction of 2-aminothiazole, 2-hydroxy-1-4-naphthoquinone and aromatic aldehydes using of nano-SiO2 (20% mol) as an efficient Lewis acid and heterogeneous nano-catalyst in acetonitrile at room temperature in the period of time 2–5 h. Silica-based materials used for developing an environmental friendly methodology for the preparation of potential biologically active molecular scaffolds. The direction of product formation and the structure of all the synthesized compounds were identified by spectroscopic methods. The remarkable superiorities of this procedure include good yields (70–89%), use of an inexpensive and commercially available catalyst, regioselectivity and simple work-up.
Keywords2-Aminothiazole 2-amino-oxothiazol-methyl-naphthoquinone Silica-based nanoparticle Nano-SiO2 Heterogeneous catalyst
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 10.Oeriu I (1963) Relation between the chemical structure and antitubercular activity of various alpha-naphthoquinone derivatives. Biokhimiia (Moscow, Russia) 28:380–383Google Scholar
- 17.Konstantinova LS, Lysov KA, Souvorova LI, Rakitin OA (2013) Synthesis of 2,3-dihydronaphtho[2,3-d][1,3]thiazole-4,9-diones and 2,3-dihydroanthra[2,3-d][1,3]thiazole-4,11-diones and novel ring contraction and fusion reaction of 3H-spiro[1,3-thiazole-2,1′-cyclohexanes]into 2,3,4,5-tetrahydro-1H-carbazole-6,11-diones. Beilstein J Org Chem 9:577–584CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 20.Prajapati AK, Modi VP (2011) Synthesis and biological activity of n-[5-(4-methylphenyl) diazenyl-4-phenyl-1,3-thiazol-2-yl]benzamide derivatives. Quim Nova 34:771–774Google Scholar
- 26.Shukla PK, Verma A, Pathak P (2014) A prospective study on silica based heterogeneous catalyst as modern organic synthesis tool. Arch Appl Sci Res 6:18–25Google Scholar
- 27.Sravya G, Grigory VZ, Balakrishna A, Reddy KMK, Reddy CS, Reddy GM, Reddy NB (2018) Nano-TiO2/SiO2 catalyzed synthesis, theoretical calculations and bioactivity studies of new α-aminophosphonates. Phosphorus Sulfur Silicon Relat Elem:1–6Google Scholar