Tribo-Surface Characteristics and Wear Behaviour of SiC@r-GO/Mg Composite Worn under Varying Control Factor
- 39 Downloads
In this research, AZ31 Mg alloy was reinforced with varying wt.% of SiC doped reduced graphene oxide(r-GO). Tribological behaviour of the developed MMC was investigated by varying the control factors viz. sliding velocity, sliding distance and applied load. Results revealed that addition of reinforcement has improved the wear resistance of developed Metal Matrix Composite (MMC). Amongst the samples, MMC made of 20 wt.% SiC doped r-GO showcased minimal wear rate and as well it is the optimal doping percentage for r-GO nanosheets. Any further addition of SiC into r-GO exhibited higher wear rate. Occurrence of delamination and abrasion wear mechanism was clearly evident from the worn out surface morphology of the developed MMC.
KeywordsPowder metallurgy SiC r-GO Wear Friction coefficient Surface characterization Tribolayer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Prakash KS, Gopal PM, Kavimani V (2017) Effect of rock dust, cenosphere and E-waste glass addition on mechanical, wear and machinability behaviour of Al 6061 hybrid composites. Indian J Eng Mater S 24:270–282Google Scholar
- 9.Soorya Prakash K, Gopal PM, Anburose D, Kavimani V (2016) Mechanical, corrosion and wear characteristics of powder metallurgy processed Ti-6Al-4V/B<inf>4</inf>C metal matrix composites. Ain Shams Eng J. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asej.2016.11.003
- 10.Kavimani V, Prakash KS, Rajesh R, Rammasamy D, Selvaraj NB, Yang T, Prabakaran B, Jothi S (2016) Electrodeposition of r-GO/SiC nano-composites on magnesium and its corrosion behavior in aqueous electrolyte. Appl Surf Sci 424:63–71. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2017.02.082. CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 21.Boostani AF, Tahamtan S, Jiang ZY, Wei D, Yazdani S, Khosroshahi RA, Mousavian RT, Xu J, Zhang X, Gong D (2015) Enhanced tensile properties of aluminium matrix composites reinforced with graphene encapsulated SiC nanoparticles. Compos Part A 68:155–163. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesa.2014.10.010 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 26.Mallikarjuna HM, Ramesh CS, Koppad PG, Keshavamurthy R, Kashyap KT (2016) Effect of carbon nanotube and silicon carbide on microstructure and dry sliding wear behavior of copper hybrid nanocomposites. T Nonferr Metal Soc 26:3170–3182. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1003-6326(16)64449-7 CrossRefGoogle Scholar