The Spray-Pyrolyzed Copper Oxide Properties Based Precursor Concentration
In this work, we report the effects of the precursor concentration on some physical properties of the spray pyrolyzed copper oxide films (CSi1-CSi4) on porous silicon substrates. Useful informations were extracted using the different characterization techniques: XRD, RAMAN, Photoluminescence (PL) spectroscopy, Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) and Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM). The XRD diffractogrammes show the formation of phase mixture (CuO and Cu2O) for all the samples. RAMAN analysis is in accordance with the XRD results. The PL spectroscopy provides ample informations about the emission bands of copper oxide. The SEM and AFM characterizations show a clear effect of the molarity on the microstructural properties of the deposited copper oxide films.
KeywordsCopper oxide Spray pyrolysis Porous silicon Catalysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors are very thankful to Pr. A. Bsiesy for his hospitality within LTM laboratory of Grenoble (France). We are also grateful to V. Bolcato (LTM laboratory, Grenoble, France) for helping us to perform the SEM and AFM characterizations. We would like also to thank Dr. M. R. Khelladi for helping us to do the AFM characterizations during the major revisions of this work. We are also grateful to Dr. M. Siad from the nuclear research center of Algiers (CRNA) for helping us to extract the PL characteristics of our samples.
- 1.Prades JD, Jimenez-Diaz R, Hernandez-Ramirez F, Fernandez-Romero L, Andreu T, Cirera A, Romano-Rodriguez A, Cornet A, Morante JR, Barth S, Mathur S (Sep. 2008) Toward a systematic understanding of photodetectors based on individual metal oxide nanowires. J Phys Chem C 112(37):14639–14644CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.T. Maruyama, Copper oxide thin films prepared from copper Dipivaloylmethanate and oxygen by chemical vapor deposition, Jpn J Appl Phys, vol. 37, no. Part 1, No. 7A, pp. 4099–4102, Jul. 1998Google Scholar
- 17.A. Raship, M. Z. Sahdan, F. Adriyanto, N. M. Fauzee, and A. S Bakri, The Effects of Ph Value on the Preparation of Copper Oxide Thin Films By Dip Coating Technique, vol. 11, no. 14, pp. 8829–8833, 2016Google Scholar
- 24.A. K. Verma and R. S. N Tripathi, Thickness Dependent Properties of n-CdSe Thin Films Fabricated by Electron Beam Evaporation Technique , vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 239–246, 2013Google Scholar
- 28.Balamurugan B, Mehta BR, Avasthi DK, Singh F, Arora AK, Rajalakshmi M, Raghavan G, Tyagi AK, Shivaprasad SM (Sep. 2002) Modifying the nanocrystalline characteristics structure, size, and surface states of copper oxide thin films by high-energy heavy-ion irradiation. J Appl Phys 92(6):3304–3310CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 29.Schennach R, Gupper A (2003) Copper oxidation studied by in situ Raman spectroscopy. MRS Online Proc Libr Arch:766Google Scholar