Numerical Simulation on Design of Temperature Control for Side Heater in Directional Solidification System of Multi-Crystalline Silicon
- 17 Downloads
In this paper, the transient numerical simulation was used to study the effects of temperature variation in three ways (the open downward parabola, the straight line and the open upward parabola) of side heater in multi-crystalline silicon directional solidification system during solidification period. The melt-crystal (m/c) interface, thermal field and thermal stress during directional solidification of polysilicon have been simulated. The results show that in the process of solidification, compared with the open downward parabola and straight line temperature variation, the temperature change of the side heater depends on the open upward parabola can better control the horizontal and vertical temperature difference in polysilicon, making the deflection of m/c interfaces smaller. Smaller thermal stress distribution can be obtained from the middle stage to the end of solidification while temperature change of side heater according to upward parabola, which is beneficial to improve the quality of polysilicon ingots.
KeywordsInterfacial morphology Directional solidification Thermal field Thermal stress
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by NSFC (No.51664047), The landing project of Jiangxi province of science and technology(20123BBE50116), the research project of Jiangxi provincial department of education science and technology (GJJ161200、GJJ161199).
- 6.Lin T, Sun YH, Duan CY et al (2016) Influence of soaking time on polycrystalline silicon purification during directional solidification[J]. J Mater Sci Eng 34(4):643–646. https://doi.org/10.14136/j.cnki.issn1673-2812.2016.04.027 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.Lu XD, Zhang P, Wu YQ et al (2015) Thermal field optimization and improvement of directional solidification of polycrystalline silicon ingot furnace quartz crucible[J]. Journal of Synthetic Crystal 44(11):3179–3183. https://doi.org/10.16553/j.cnki.issn1000-985x.2015.11.044 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Wang S, Zhang QJ, Tian J et al (2015) Influence of inlet gas velocity bottom insulated plate movement on thermal stresses of silicon ingot during cooling process[J]. China Sciencepaper 10(11):1329–1333Google Scholar
- 21.Zhang FY, Rao SL, Wang FH et al (2017) Research Progress on the solid-liquid Interface in the crystal growth of polycrystalline silicon[J]. Journal of Synthetic Crystal 46(10):2077–2082. https://doi.org/10.16553/j.cnki.issn1000-985x.2017.10.038 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 22.Nagarajan SG, Srinivasan M, Aravinth K et al (2018) Improving heat transfer properties of DS furnace by the geometrical modifications for enhancing the multi crystalline silicon ingot (mc-Si) quality using transient simulation[J]. Silicon:1–11. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12633-018-9870-8 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 25.Zhou B, Chen W, Dong H et al (2017) Effect of side insulation on stress and dislocation in the multi-crystalline silicon ingot during cooling process[J]. Journal of Materials Science and Engineering B:89–98. https://doi.org/10.17265/2161-6221/2017.5-6.001