Solar Light Photodetectors Based on Nanocrystalline Zinc Oxide Cadmium Doped/p-Si Heterojunctions
- 73 Downloads
The transparent undoped and Cd doped ZnO thin films were deposited on p-type Si substrates to fabricate Cd-ZnO/p-Si diodes. The Cd doped ZnO thin films exhibited a polycrystalline structure. The transmittance measurements indicate that the films have transparency ranging from 47% to 92% for the UV and visible regions. The optical band gap of the films were found to be ranging from 3.27 to 3.19 eV with Cd content. The photoelectrical properties of the diodes under various illuminations were analyzed. The undoped and Cd doped ZnO thin films/p-silicon devices exhibit a photovoltaic behavior with the obtained photovoltaic parameters. The continuous distribution of interface states in the diodes is analyzed by capacitance voltage (C-V) measurements. The diode having 0.1% Cd doped Zno showed the highest photosensitivity in all the diodes with the photoresponsivity of 3.6 x10− 4. We suggest that the fabricated CdZnO based diodes can be used as photodetector in optic and optoelectronic communications.
KeywordsZinc oxide Cadmium doped photodiode Photoresponse properties Sol-gel Optical properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by Scientific Research Projects Foundation (BAP) of Kahramanmaraş Sütçü Imam University under Grant No. 2017/1-72 D. Also, authors would like to extend their sincere appreciation to the Deanship of Scientific Research at king Saud University for its funding this Research group NO RG-1435-059.
- 22.Altındal S (2017) J Mater Electron Devices 1:42–47Google Scholar
- 23.Ilhan M (2017) J Mater Electron Devices 1:15–20Google Scholar
- 24.Özerli H, Karteri İ, Bekereci A, Karataş Ş (2017) J Mater Electron Devices 1:83–87Google Scholar
- 30.Gupta RK, Al-Turki Y, El-Tantawy F, Yakuphanoglu F, Al-Ghamdi AA (2017) Efficiency enhancement and transient photocapacitance characteristics of the silicon solar cell by graphene oxide. J Mater Electron Devices 1:11–14Google Scholar
- 33.Rhoderick EH, Williams RH (1988) Metal–Semiconductor Contacts, 2nd edn. Clarendon, OxfordGoogle Scholar