Novel Cross-Linked Luminescent Silicone Composites Based on Reactive Nanostructured Organosilicon Luminophores
- 144 Downloads
New functional silyl hydride and vinyl containing methylphenylsiloxane oligomers were synthesized by a polycondensation reaction in the active medium being the solvent, the catalyst and the reactant simultaneously. Hydrosilylation of them in the presence of 0.1 - 3 wt. % of novel reactive nanostructured organosilicon luminophores (NOLs) containing different central luminescent and 2,2’-bithienyl peripheral light harvesting fragments with terminal undecylenic groups led to crosslinked silicone composites with valuable luminescence in different regions of the visible spectrum (blue, yellow or red). Investigation of their optical properties revealed that their absorption and luminescence spectra correspond to those of the diluted solutions of the reactive NOLs used. These findings indicate the absence of any aggregation of NOLs in the crosslinked silicon composites confirming their excellent optical quality. High thermal stability of the reactive NOLs (up to 370 ∘C in argon) and the silicones themselves indicate their great potential for creation of highly efficient thermo and radiation resistant plastic scintillators.
KeywordsMethylphenylsiloxane oligomers Nanostructured organosilicon luminophores Active medium Hydrosilylation Luminescent silicone composites Scintillators
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Adler M, Bieringer R, Schauber T, Günther J (2013). In: Someya T (ed) Stretchable Electronics. Wiley, GermanyGoogle Scholar
- 7.Bell ZW, Brown GM, Ho HC, Sloop FV (2003) X-Ray and Gamma-Ray Detectors and Applications IV 4784:150Google Scholar
- 9.Walker JK, Katritzky A, Dega-Szafran Z (1989) Chem Scripta 29:245–247Google Scholar
- 12.Ponomarenko SA, Borshchev OV, Luponosov YN, Surin NM, Muzafarov AM (2013) Technical Proceedings of the 2013 NSTI Nanotechnology Conference and Expo. NSTI-Nanotech 1:756–759Google Scholar
- 15.Muzafarov AM, Tebeneva NA, Mjakushev VD, Vasilenko NG, Parshina EV, Meshkov IB, Nisiguti S, Jaginuma D, Kamata K (2010) Functional polyorganosiloxanes and curable composition based on said Polyorganosiloxanes. Patent RU 2401846Google Scholar
- 19.D’Alessandro M, Amadei A, Daidone I, Po’ R, Alessi A, Aschi M (2013) J Phys Chem C 117:378513797Google Scholar