Synthesis and Characterization of Organo-Inorganic Nanoobjects Based on Hyperbranched Polyethoxysiloxanes
- 152 Downloads
The synthetic scheme for obtaining modified molecular silicasols based on hyperbranched polyethoxysiloxane (HPEOS) is presented in this work. The synthetic scheme includes several stages; the first and most important one represents polycyclization and simultaneous modification of HPEOS with either organosilanols or disiloxanes. The following stages are polymer-analogous reactions affecting only the external layer. The obtained nanoparticles are nanogels with specific morphology of inorganic silica core soluble in anhydrous organic solvents. All the hybrid systems were characterized by means of elemental analysis, GPC, IR and NMR spectroscopy. Some physical and chemical parameters were determined for all samples after fractionation. Synthesized molecular silicasols are ready-made universal models for investigations of interactions between macromolecules of polymer matrix and nanoparticles, and evaluation of various factors, such as the chemical nature of the external layer or particle core size, which have a great influence upon properties of nanocomposites.
KeywordsHyperbranched polyethoxysiloxanes Core-shell systems molecular silicasols Molecular silica nanoparticles Nanocomposites
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Bystrova AV, Voronina NV, Gaevoi NV, Getmanova EV, Meshkov VM, Gorbatsevich OB, Muzafarov AM, Ozerin AN, Egorova EV, Tatarinova EA (2008) Hyperbranched silicon-containing polymers and composites based on them: Synthesis and control of molecular parameters. Ross Nanotekhnol 3:42–46Google Scholar
- 9.Muzafarov AM, Vasilenko NG (2011) Dendrimers — a New Way to Organize Polymeric Matter. Priroda 6:3–10Google Scholar
- 21.Serenko OA, Shevchenko VG, Zhiltsov AS, Chuprakov VE, Zaderenko TV, Gritsenko OT, Mironova MV, Gorbatsevich OB, Kazakova VV, Kulichikhin VG, Muzafarov AM (2013) Structure and properties of composites based on polyethylene oxide and molecular silicasol. Nanotechnologies in Russia 8:81–91CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 23.Kazakova VV, Rebrov EA, Myakushev VD, Strelkova TV, Ozerin AN, Ozerina LA, Chenskaya TB, Sheiko SS, Sharipov EY, Muzafarov AM (2000) From a hyperbranched polyethoxysiloxane toward molecular forms of silica: a polymer-based approach to the monitoring of silica properties. ACS Symposium Book Series 729:503–513CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 25.Meshkov IB, Kazakova VV, Gorbatcevich OB, Voronina NV, Myakouchev VD, Muzafarov AM (1152) Polym Prepr: 47Google Scholar
- 27.Masuhara E, Kojima K, Tarumi N, Hokoku SZK-J (1954) Report of the Research Institute of Dental Materials 2:18Google Scholar