Characteristics of the reduction behavior of zinc ferrite and ammonia leaching after roasting
- 1 Downloads
A novel method for recovering zinc from zinc ferrite by reduction roasting-ammonia leaching was studied in this paper. The reduction thermodynamic of zinc ferrite by CO was analyzed. The effects of roasting parameters on the phase transformation and conversion rate of zinc ferrite, and the leaching behavior of zinc from the reductive roasted samples by ammonia leaching, were experimentally investigated. The mineralogical phase compositions and chemical compositions of the samples were characterized by X-ray diffraction and chemical titration methods, respectively. The results showed that most of the zinc ferrite was transformed to zinc oxide and magnetite after weak reduction roasting. 86.43% of the zinc ferrite was transformed to zinc oxide under the optimum conditions: CO partial pressure of 25%, roasting temperature of 750°C, and roasting duration of 45 min. Finally, under the optimal leaching conditions, 78.12% of zinc was leached into the solution from the roasted zinc ferrite while all iron-bearing materials were kept in the leaching residue. The leaching conditions are listed as follows: leaching duration of 90 min, ammonia solution with 6 mol/L concentration, leaching temperature of 50°C, solid-to-liquid ratio of 40 g/L, and stirring speed of 200 r/min.
Keywordszinc ferrite reduction roasting ammonia leaching zinc extraction zinc-bearing waste ak
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was financially supported by the National Key Basic Research and Development Program of China (No. 2014CB643403).
- S.H. Yang, Theory and Application Studies on Preparing High Purity Zinc in the System of Zn (II)-NH 3-NH4Cl-H2O [Dissertation], Central South University, Changsha, 2003.Google Scholar
- Beijing General Research Institute of Mning and Metallurgy, Chemical Phase Analysis, Metallurgical Industry Press, Beijing, 1979.Google Scholar
- M. Li, Fundamental Research on Selective Reduction of Zinc Calcine and Separation of Zinc and Iron [Dissertation], Central South University, Changsha, 2013.Google Scholar
- H. Yan, Treatment of Zinc Leaching Residue Based on the Selective Reduction of Zinc Ferrite [Dissertation], Central South University, Changsha, 2014.Google Scholar
- W. Chen, Y.F. Guo, F. Chen, T. Jiang, and X.D. Liu, The extraction of zinc from willemite by calcified-roasting and ammonia-leaching process based on phase reconstruction, [in] the 7th International Symposium on High-Temperature Metallurgical Processing, Nashville, 2016, p. 109.Google Scholar