Improving effect on forming quality and accuracy using a polyurethane board positioning/resetting the discrete steel pad in multi-point forming
- 12 Downloads
To improve the quality of multi-point die forming, a new approach using discrete steel pads was proposed. The formability of three different multi-point die forming processes was analyzed through numerical simulation and experiments. Numerical simulation and experimental results showed that the use of discrete steel pads in the multi-point forming process can substantially improve the stress-strain state on the plate and suppress dimple, straight-edge, and wrinkle defects. This analysis verified that the use of discrete steel pads in a multi-point forming process can effectively improve the quality and accuracy with which sheet metal is formed.
Keywordsmulti-point forming dimple wrinkle numerical simulation forming accuracy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M.Z. Li, S.H. Li, G.Q. Li, Z. Liu, and Y.H. Liu, Numerical simulation on multi-point forming technique for sheet metal parts, J. Plast. Eng., 6(1999), No. 2, p. 37.Google Scholar
- E.H. Qu, M.Z. Li, R. Li, M.Y. Cui, and J.L. Lin, Research on formability in multi-point forming with different elastic pads, Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol., 98(2018), No. 5–8, p. 1887.Google Scholar
- X. Li, M.Z. Li, and Z.Y. Cai, Effect of elastic medium on the forming quality in multi-point forming process, J. Harbin Inst. Technol., 37(2005), No. 2, p. 194.Google Scholar
- M.Z. Li, Z.Y. Cai, and X.J. Cui, Multi-point forming — a new flexible forming process for sheet metal, Metal. Form. Technol., 20(2002), No. 6, p. 5.Google Scholar
- Y.J. Liu, M.Z. Li, and F.F. Ju, Research on the process of flexible blank holder in multi-point forming for spherical surface parts, Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol., 89(2016), No. 5–8, p. 2315.Google Scholar
- E.H. Qu, M.Z. Li, R. Li, L. Zhao, and Z. Yi, Inhibitory effects of a flexible steel pad on wrinkling in multi-point die forming, Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol., 95(2017), No. 5–8, p. 2413.Google Scholar