Lessons learned in the use of volumetric MRI in therapeutic trials in Alzheimer’s disease: The Alzhemedtm (Tramiprosate) experience
The Alzhemed™ (Tramiprosate) Experience
- 122 Downloads
KeywordsAlzheimer Disease Memantine Disease Modification Homotaurine Hippocampus Volume Change
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Sampaio C. Alzheimer’s disease: Disease modifying trials. Where are we? Where do we need to go? A reflective paper. Journal of Nutrition, Health and Aging. 2006; 10(2): 113–115.Google Scholar
- 5.Goshe KM, Mortimer JA, Smith CD, et al. Hippocampal volume as an index of Azheimer neuropathology: findings from the Nun study. Neurology. 2002; 58: 1476–1482Google Scholar
- 6.Haroutunian V, Perl, DP, Purohit, DP, et al. Regional distribution of neuritic plaques in the non-demented elderly and subjects with very mild Alzheimer disease. Archives of Neurology. 1998; 1185–1191.Google Scholar
- 15.Xu Y, Jack CRJ, O’Brien PC, et al. Usefulness of MRI measures of entrorhinal versus hippocampus in AD. Neurology. 2000; 14: 531–545.Google Scholar
- 17.Azzi M, Morissette C, Fallon L, et al. Involvement of both GABA-dependent and - independent pathways in tramiprosate neuroprotective effects against amyloid-beta toxicity. 8th International Conference AD/PD, Salzburg, Austria, March 14–18. 2007.Google Scholar
- 23.Laakso MP, Soininen H, Partanen K, et al. Volumes of hippocampus, amygdala and frontal lobes in the MRI-based diagnosis of early Alzheimer’s disease: correlation with memory functions. Journal of Neural Transmission. Parkinson’s Disease and Dementia Section. 1995; 9: 73–86.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
© Serdi and Springer Verlag France 2009