Preparation of double-sided biaxially textured magnesium oxide thin films
- 5 Downloads
A high-efficiency system was designed as an improvement in conventional reel-to-reel system for ion beam-assisted deposition (IBAD) and homo-epitaxy of double-sided biaxially textured MgO thin films. This system enables Hastelloy tape to flip automatically and go through the deposition area twice in order to deposit MgO on its both sides. With this system, the output of double-sided IBAD-MgO is elevated to be 30 m·h−1. A 30-m tapes with 10-nm-thick double-sided biaxially textured MgO thin films was successfully made. X-ray diffraction (XRD) and atomic force microscope (AFM) show identical quality of MgO thin films on both sides. The yield full width at half maximum values of out-of-plane texture and in-plane texture on both sides are approximately 3.1° and 5.3°, respectively. Moreover, the influence of ion beam flux and deposition rate on the texture of thin film was investigated. A process window in which biaxial texture can be obtained is found for large-scale production.
KeywordsCoated conductors IBAD-MgO Double-sided Automatic flipping
This study was financially supported by the National High Technology Research and Development Program of China (No. 2014AA032702).
- Rupich MW, Schoop U, Verebelyi DT, Thieme CLH, Buczek D, Li X, Zhang W, Kodenkandath T, Huang Y, Siegal E, Carter W, Nguyen N, Schreiber J, Prasova M, Lynch J, Tucker D, Harnois R, King C, Aized D. The development of second generation HTS wire at American superconductor. IEEE Trans Appl Supercond. 2007;17(2):3379.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Yanagisawa Y, Piao R, Iguchi S, Nakagome H, Takao T, Kominato K, Hamada M, Matsumoto S, Suematsu H, Jin X, Takahashi M, Yamazaki T, Maeda H. Operation of a 400 MHz NMR magnet using a (RE: rare earth) Ba2Cu3O7−x high-temperature superconducting coil: towards an ultra-compact super-high field NMR spectrometer operated beyond 1 GHz. J Magn Reson. 2014;249:38.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Dong YB, Du M, Liu XP, Hao L. Thermal stability of AlON/TiAlOND/TiAlONM/Cu solar selective coating at high temperature under vacuum. Chin J Rare Met. 2016;40(9):896.Google Scholar
- Feng ZP, Wei F, Zhao HB, Yang ZM. Electrochromic behavior of WO3 thin films prepared by radio frequency magnetron sputtering. Chin J Rare Met. 2016;40(9):902.Google Scholar
- Usov IO, Arendt PN, Sickafus KE. Relationship between radiation damage anisotropy in MgO and YSZ single crystals and the Ion/Atom ratio deposition parameter in biaxially-textured MgO and YSZ thin films fabricated by ion beam assisted deposition. Nucl Instrum Methods Phys Res, Sect B. 2010;268(6):622.CrossRefGoogle Scholar