Poly(ethylene carbonate)-based electrolytes with high concentration Li salt for all-solid-state lithium batteries
- 24 Downloads
High-performance solid polymer electrolyte (SPE) has long been desired for the next-generation high energy density and safe rechargeable lithium batteries. A SPE composed of 80 wt% lithium bis(trifluoromethanesulfonyl)imide (LiTFSI), 20% poly(ethylene carbonate) (PEC) and a polyamide (PA) fiber membrane backbone was prepared by solution-casting method. This solid electrolyte exhibits quite high ionic conductivity and lithium ion transference number (t+), and excellent mechanical strength. The as-prepared solid electrolyte shows good wettability to porous electrodes during cycles, which is beneficial to form ionically conductive phase throughout porous electrodes. All-solid-state LiFePO4|Li cells assembled with the as-prepared solid electrolyte deliver a high initial discharge specific capacity of 125.7 mAh·g−1 and good cycling stability at 55 °C (93.4% retention at 1C after 200 cycles), and superior cycle performance. Outstanding electrochemical performance can be mainly ascribed to the improved ionic conductivity in the entire porous electrodes due to the good wettability of SPE.
KeywordsSolid polymer electrolyte All-solid-state lithium batteries Poly(ethylene carbonate) Wettability Porous electrodes
This work was financially supported by the National Natural Scientific Foundation of China (No. 51532002), Beijing Natural Science Foundation (No. L172023), the National Basic Research Program of China (No. 2015CB932500).
- Evarts EC. Lithium batteries: to the limits of lithium. Nature. 2015; 526(7575): S93-5.Google Scholar
- Su D, Cortie M, Fan H, Wang G. Prussian blue nanocubes with an open framework structure coated with PEDOT as high-capacity cathodes for lithium–sulfur batteries. Adv Mater. 2017;5(24):1501082.Google Scholar
- Liu XG, Tan J, Fu J, Yuan RX, Wen H, Zhang CH. Facile synthesis of nanosized Lithium-ion-conducting solid electrolyte Li1.4Al0.4Ti1.6(PO4)3 and its mechanical nanocomposites with LiMn2O4 for enhanced cyclic performance in lithium ion batteries. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2017;9(13):11696.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Wang YF, Wang LX, Yuan QB, Chen J, Niu YJ, Xu XW, Cheng YT, Yao B, Wang Q, Wang H. Ultrahigh energy density and greatly enhanced discharged efficiency of sandwich-structured polymer nanocomposites with optimized spatial organization. Nano Energy. 2018;44(2):364.Google Scholar
- Sun B, Mindemark J, Edström K, Brandell D. Polycarbonate-based solid polymer electrolytes for Li-ion batteries. Solid State Ion. 2014;262(9):7–38.Google Scholar