Hydrometallurgical purification of metallurgical grade silicon
- 239 Downloads
The effects of the particle size of ground metallurgical grade silicon (MG-Si), the sort of acids, and the type of stirring on the purified efficiency of MG-Si were investigated. It was found that a particle size less than 0.1 mm was most effective for acid leaching; the extraction yield of impurities was increased by 9% with HF leaching compared with HCl leaching and HNO3 leaching, and increased by 7% with ultrasonic stirring compared with mechanical stirring. The principle of hydrometallurgical purification of metallurgical grade silicon under ultrasonic fields was also discussed.
Keywordsmetallurgical grade silicon ultrasonic field acid leaching metallic impurities
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Feng R.H., Ma T.C., Jiang S., and Huang K., Preparation technologies of solar grade multicrystalline silicon, Adv. Mater. Ind. (in Chinese), 2007 (5): 59.Google Scholar
- Yang D., Status and development of multicrystalline silicon used for solar cells, Sol. Renewable Energy Sources (in Chinese), 2007 (1): 36.Google Scholar
- Ma W.H., Dai Y.N., Yang B., Liu D.C., and Wang H., Research progress for novel preparation techniques of solar grade silicon, Adv. Mater. Ind. (in Chinese), 2006 (10): 12.Google Scholar
- Yu Z.L., Ma W.H., Dai Y.N., Yang B., and Kui K.X., Research progress for novel techniques of solar grade silicon, Light Met. (in Chinese), 2006 (3): 43.Google Scholar
- Hunt L.P., Dosaj V.D., McCormick J.R., and Crossman L.D, Purification of metallurgical-grade silicon to solar-grade quality, [in] International Symposium on Solar Energy, Washington, D.C., 1976: 200.Google Scholar
- Wang Y., Yin S., Xiao C.Z., He X.M., and Wang J., Theoretical analysis and technology optimization for hydrometallurgical purification of Si material, Acta Energiae Sol. Sin. (in Chinese), 1995, 16(2): 174.Google Scholar
- Yin S. and He X.M., Solar grade silicon material prepared by combining cold plasma with hydrometallurgy, J. Funct. Mater. (in Chinese), 2002, 33(3): 305.Google Scholar
- Sakata T., Miki T., and Morita K., Removal of iron and titanium in poly-crystalline silicon by acid leaching, J. Jpn. Inst. Met. (in Japanese), 2002, 66(5): 459.Google Scholar
- Yu Z.L., Ma W.H., Dai Y.N., Yang B., Liu D.C., Dai W.P., and Wang J.X., Removal of iron and aluminum impurities from metallurgical grade-silicon with hydrometallurgical route, Trans. Nonferrous. Met. Soc. China, 2007, 17: s1030.Google Scholar