Generalization of extent analysis method for solving multicriteria decision making problems involving intuitionistic fuzzy numbers
- 33 Downloads
Analytic hierarchy process (AHP) is a widely used multicriteria decision making method. Chang’s extent analysis method (EAM) is appeared as a very popular fuzzy AHP approach. The aim of this paper is to generalize the EAM in intuitionistic fuzzy settings for effective modeling of imprecision and uncertainty inherent in nature. In this paper, special triangular intuitionistic fuzzy degree of possibility is defined for comparing two or more triangular intuitionistic fuzzy numbers (TIFNs) and some relevant theorems are introduced generating intuitionistic fuzzy numbers as weights of criteria or performance scores of alternatives. Based on TIFNs, a conversion scale for linguistic variables is proposed for generating a triangular intuitionistic fuzzy preference relation. The EAM is then generalized in intuitionistic fuzzy settings by proposing generalized intuitionistic fuzzy EAM using TIFNs and its arithmetic for deriving crisp priority vector from the triangular intuitionistic fuzzy preference relation. The advanced approach is validated through two numerical examples.
KeywordsIntuitionistic fuzzy sets Triangular intuitionistic fuzzy number Analytic hierarchy process Extent analysis method Special triangular intuitionistic fuzzy degree of possibility
The authors express their sincere gratitude to the reviewers for their constructive comments and suggestions in improving the quality of the manuscript. The authors are thankful to University of Kalyani for providing partial financial support through DST-PURSE program in carrying out the proposed research work.
- 1.Afa, Y., Battou, A., Baz, O.: Toward the MOOC capitalization using fuzzy analytical hierarchy process. Int. J. E-Learn. Educ. Technol. Digit. Media (IJEETDM) 3(2), 58–64 (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Biswas, A., Kumar, S.: Extension of extent analysis method in intuitionistic fuzzy environment. J. Fuzzy Math. 25(4), 759–772 (2017)Google Scholar
- 11.Robinson, P.J., Amirtharaje, C.H.: Extended TOPSIS with correlation coefficient of triangular intuitionistic fuzzy sets for multiple attribute group decision making. Int. J. Decis. Support Syst. Technol. 3, 15–41 (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Saaty, T.L.: Multicriteria Decision Making: The Analytic Hierarchy Process. RWS Publications, Pittsburgh (1988)Google Scholar
- 16.Szmidt, E., Kacprzyk, J.: Amount of information and its reliability in the ranking of Atanassov’s intuitionistic fuzzy alternatives. Stud. Comput. Intell. 222, 7–19 (2009)Google Scholar
- 17.Tanoumand, N., Ozdemir, D.Y., Kilic, K., Ahmed, F.: Selecting cloud computing service provider with fuzzy AHP. In: IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE), Naples, pp. 1–5 (2017)Google Scholar