Optimization of fuzzy bi-objective fractional assignment problem
- 6 Downloads
Theory and applications of fractional programming have been significantly developed in the few last decades and assignment problem is one of the fundamental combinatorial optimization problems in the branch of optimization. Generally, in real world problems, the possible values of coefficients of a linear fractional programming problem are often only imprecisely or ambiguously known to the decision maker, therefore, it would be certainly more appropriate to interpret the coefficients as fuzzy numerical data. In this article, a fuzzy bi-objective fractional assignment problem has been formulated. Here the parameters are represented by triangular fuzzy numbers and the fuzzy problem is transformed into standard crisp problem through \(\alpha \)-cut and then the compromise solution is derived by fuzzy programming.
KeywordsAssignment problem Fractional programming problem Fuzzy numbers Fuzzy programming
The author express their sincere thanks to editor and referees for their valuable suggestions and comments, which improved the quality of the paper.
- 7.Kar, S., Basu, K., Mukherjee, S.: Solution of generalized fuzzy assignment problem with restriction on costs under fuzzy environment. Int. J. Fuzzy Math. Syst. 4, 169–180 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Kumar, A., Gupta, A., Kaur, A.: Method for solving fully fuzzy assignment problems using triangular fuzzy numbers. World Acad. Sci. Eng. Technol. Int. J. Comput. Electr. Autom. Control Inf. Eng. 3(7), 1889–1892 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Kumar, P.S., Hussain, R.J.: A method for solving balanced intuitionistic fuzzy assignment problem. Int. J. Eng. Res. Appl. 4(3), 897–903 (2014)Google Scholar
- 12.Pandian, P., Kavitha, K.: A new method for solving fuzzy assignment problems. Ann. Pure Appl. Math. 1, 69–83 (2012)Google Scholar
- 15.Saruwatari, Y., Shigeno, M., Matsui, T.: An algorithm for fractional assignment problems. Discrete Appl. Math. 56(2), 333–343 (1995)Google Scholar
- 16.Swarup, K.: Transportation technique in linear fractional functional programming. J. R. Naval Sci. Serv. 21(5), 256–260 (1966)Google Scholar