AVA Simultaneous Inversion of Prestack Seismic Data Using Particle Swarm Optimization
- 64 Downloads
A new prestack AVA simultaneous inversion using particle swarm optimization algorithm is proposed, which can obtain the elastic parameters such as P-wave and S-wave impedance from P-wave reflection data simultaneously. Compared with the conventional AVA inversion based on generalized linear technique, this method does not depend on the initial model and can reach the global minimum. In order to increase the stability of the inversion, low-frequency trends of P-wave and S-wave impedances are built into the inversion. This method has been successfully applied to synthetic and field data. The estimated P-wave and S-wave impedances can be combined to derive other elastic parameters, which are sensitive for lithology identification and fluid prediction.
Key wordsAVA simultaneous inversion PSO low-frequency impedance model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This study was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 41004096 and 41230318). We thank Shengli Oilfield for providing the field data. Finally we thank for the anonymous reviewers for their constructive suggestion. The final publication is available at Springer via https://doi.org/10.1007/s12583-017-0809-6.
- Bruun, A., Schiett, R. C., Marsden, G., et al., 2005. Pre-Stack Simultaneous AVO Inversion on the South Arne Chalk Field, Danish North Sea. Expanded Abstracts of 67th EAGE Conference and Exhibition.Google Scholar
- Contreras, A., Torres-Verdín, C., Fasnacht, T., 2006. AVA Simultaneous Inversion of Partially Stacked Seismic Amplitude Data for the Spatial Delineation of Lithology and Fluid Units of Deepwater Hydrocarbon Reservoirs in the Central Gulf of Mexico. Geophysics, 71(4): E41–E48. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.2212276CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Contreras, A., Torres-Verdin, C., Kvien, K., et al., 2005. AVA Stochastic Inversion of Pre-stack Seismic Data and Well Logs for 3D Reservoir Modeling. Expanded Abstracts of 67th EAGE Conference and ExhibitionGoogle Scholar
- Goodway, W., Chen, T., Downton, J., 1997. Improved AVO Fluid Detection and Lithology Discrimination Using Lamé Parameters; Ir, Mr and 1/m Fluid Stack from P and S Inversions: Ann. Mtg., Can. Soc. Expl. Geophys. 148–151Google Scholar
- Gray, D., Andersen, E., 2000. Application of AVO and Inversion to Formation Properties. World Oil, 221(7): 85–90Google Scholar
- Hampson, D. P., Russell, B. H., Bankhead, B., 2005. Simultaneous Inversion of Pre-stack Seismic Data. Ann. Mtg. Abstracts, SEG. 1633–1637Google Scholar
- Kennedy, J., 1997. The Particle Swarm: Social Adaptation of Knowledge. IEEE International Conference on Evolutionary Computation (Indianapolis, Indiana). IEEE Service Center, Piscataway. 303–308Google Scholar
- Kennedy, J., 1998. The Behavior of Particles. 7th Annual Conference on Evolutionary Programming, San Diego. 581–589Google Scholar
- Misra, S., Sacchi, M. D., 2007. Nonlinear One Dimensional Pre-Stack Seismic Inversion with Edge Preserving Smoothing Filter. Extended Abstract, 69th EAGE conference and exhibition, London. 26–30Google Scholar