A Neutrosophic Normal Cloud and Its Application in Decision-Making
- 665 Downloads
In this study, a neutrosophic normal cloud (NNC) and several other related concepts, including a backward cloud generator, two aggregated operators, and an NNC distance measurement, are proposed. Using these concepts, we also construct a multi-criteria group decision-making approach to single-value neutrosophic environments. In the proposed approach, all evaluations provided by decision-makers are aggregated via the backward cloud generator. The resulting NNC reflects the distribution of customer evaluations. An empirical example and a comparative study are also provided in order to illustrate and validate the proposed approach. The results of an empirical case study using data from Tmall.com indicate that the proposed approach could be effectively applied to practical problems.
KeywordsNeutrosophic normal cloud (NNC) Backward cloud generator Aggregation operator Multi-criteria group decision-making
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 71501192 and 71210003) and the Research Funds for the Scholars of Central South University (No. 2014JSJJ043). The authors also would like to express appreciation to the anonymous reviewers and editors for their helpful comments that improved the paper. Moreover, the authors thank LetPub (www.letpub.com) for its linguistic assistance during the preparation of this manuscript.
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of Interest
Hong-yu Zhang, Pu Ji, Jian-qiang Wang and Xiao-hong Chen declares that they have no conflict of interest.
All procedures followed were in accordance with the ethical standards of the responsible committee on human experimentation (institutional and national) and with the Helsinki Declaration of 1975, as revised in 2008 (5). Additional informed consent was obtained from all patients for which identifying information is included in this article.
Human and Animals Rights
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
- 11.Le HS, Thong NT. Intuitionistic fuzzy recommender systems: an effective tool for medical diagnosis. Knowl-Based Syst. 2014;74:133–50.Google Scholar
- 18.Torra V. Hesitant fuzzy sets. Int J Intell Syst. 2010;25:529–39.Google Scholar
- 19.Peng JJ, Wang JQ, Wu XH. Novel multi-criteria decision-making approaches based on hesitant fuzzy sets and prospect theory. Int J Inf Tech Decis. 2016. doi: 10.1142/S0219622016500152.
- 20.Chaira T. Intuitionistic fuzzy set approach for color region extraction. J Sci Ind Res. 2010;69:426–32.Google Scholar
- 27.Smarandache F. A unifying field in logics: neutrosophic logic. Neutrosophy, neutrosophic set, probability. Rehoboth: American Research Press; 1999. p. 1–141.Google Scholar
- 28.Smarandache F. Neutrosophy: neutrosophic probability, set, and logic. Rehoboth: American Research Press; 1998. Google Scholar
- 30.Majumdar P, Samanta SK. On similarity and entropy of neutrosophic sets. J Intell Fuzzy Syst. 2014;26:1245–52.Google Scholar
- 31.Wang HB, Smarandache F, Zhang YQ, Sunderraman R. Single valued neutrosophic sets. Rev Air Force Acad. 2010;17:10–4.Google Scholar
- 32.Ye J. Similarity measures between interval neutrosophic sets and their applications in multicriteria decision-making. J Intell Fuzzy Syst. 2014;26:165–72.Google Scholar
- 36.Ansari A, Biswas R, Aggarwal S. Proposal for applicability of neutrosophic set theory in medical AI. Int J Comput Appl. 2011;27:5–11.Google Scholar
- 38.Şahin R, Yiğider M, A multi-criteria neutrosophic group decision making method based TOPSIS for supplier selection. arXiv preprint arXiv:1412.5077 (2014).
- 44.Şahin R, Multi-criteria neutrosophic decision making method based on score and accuracy functions under neutrosophic environment. arXiv preprint arXiv:1412.5202 (2014).
- 45.Liu P, Chu Y, Li Y, Chen Y. Some generalized neutrosophic number Hamacher aggregation operators and their application to group decision making. Int J Fuzzy Syst. 2014;16:242–55.Google Scholar
- 49.Li DY, Meng HJ, Shi XM. Membership clouds and membership cloud generators. J Comput Res Dev. 1995;32:15–20.Google Scholar
- 50.Li DY, Liu CY, Du Y, Han X. Artificial intelligence with uncertainty. J Softw. 2004;15:1583–94.Google Scholar
- 53.Yang CH, Li DY. Planar model and its application in prediction. Chin J Comput. 1998;21:961–9.Google Scholar
- 54.Jiang JB, Liang JR, Jiang W, Gu ZP. Application of trapezium-cloud model in conception division and conception exaltation. Comput Eng Des. 2008;29:1235–40.Google Scholar
- 55.Wang JQ, Yang WE. Multiple criteria group decision making method based on intuitionistic normal cloud by Monte Carlo simulation. Syst Eng Theory Pract. 2013;33:2859–65.Google Scholar
- 56.Zhang FZ, Fan Y, Li D. Intelligent control based on membership cloud generators. Acta Aeronaut Astronaut Sin-ser. 1999;20:89–92.Google Scholar
- 57.Li DY. The cloud control method and balancing patterns of triple link inverted pendulum systems. Chin Eng Sci. 1999;1:41–6.Google Scholar
- 60.Chen H, Li B, Qualitative rules mining and reasoning based on cloud model. In: 2nd international conference on software engineering and data mining (SEDM), 2010, IEEE; 2010, p. 523–526.Google Scholar
- 63.Yang WE, Qiang WJ, Ma CQ, Wang XF. Hesitant linguistic multiple criteria decision making method based on cloud generating algorithm. Control Decis. 2015;30:371–4.Google Scholar
- 64.Wang JQ, Liu T. Uncertain linguistic multi-criteria group decision-making approach based on integrated cloud. Control Decis. 2012;27:1185–90.Google Scholar
- 68.Lu HJ, Wang Y, Li DY, Liu CY. The application of backward cloud in qualitative evaluation. Chin J Comput. 2003;26:1009–14.Google Scholar
- 69.Liu CY, Feng M, Dai XJ, Li DY. A new algorithm of backward cloud. Acta Simulata Syst Sin. 2004;16:2417–20.Google Scholar
- 70.Luo ZQ, Zhang GW. A new algorithm of backward normal one-variate cloud. J Front Comput Sci Technol. 2007;1:234–40.Google Scholar
- 71.Yu SW, Shi ZK. New algorithm of backward cloud based on normal interval number. Syst Eng-Theory Pract. 2011;31:2021–6.Google Scholar
- 73.Ye J. Multiple attribute group decision-making method with completely unknown weights based on similarity measures under single valued neutrosophic environment. J Intell Fuzzy Syst. 2014;27:2927–35.Google Scholar
- 76.Li DY, Liu CY. Study on the universality of the normal cloud model. Eng Sci. 2004;6:28–34.Google Scholar
- 78.Hdioud F, Frikh B, Ouhbi B, Multi-criteria recommender systems based on multi-attribute decision making. In: Proceedings of international conference on information integration and web-based applications & services, ACM; 2013, p. 203–211.Google Scholar