Output Feedback Tracking Control of Flat Systems via Exact Feedforward Linearization and LPV Techniques
- 7 Downloads
In this article, an output feedback control scheme is proposed for trajectory tracking of differentially flat systems. After applying the exact feedforward linearization, the tracking error dynamics is linearized as a linear time-varying (LTV) system, where only the state matrix is time-varying while the input and output matrices are time-invariant. Using linear parameter-varying (LPV) techniques based on polytopes, for the LTV system the controller matrices, which are set to be affine on time-varying parameters, are calculated by solving a set of linear matrix inequalities (LMIs). An example for trajectory tracking of a two-wheeled mobile robot is given to show the effectiveness of the proposed method.
KeywordsFlat systems H∞ control mobile robots output feedback control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Fliess and J. Rudolph, “Local tracking observers for flat systems,” Proceedings of the Symposium on Control, Optimization and Supervision, CESA’96 IMACS Multiconference, Lille, France, pp. 213–217, 1996.Google Scholar
- F. Cazaurang, “Commande robuste des systèmes plats: application à la commande d’une machine synchrone,” Doctoral dissertation, Université Sciences et Technologies–Bordeaux I, 1997.Google Scholar
- M. Zerar, F. Cazaurang, and A. Zolghadri, “Robust tracking of nonlinear MIMO uncertain flat systems,” IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Hague, Netherlands, pp. 536–541, 2004.Google Scholar
- A. Luviano–Juárez, J. Cortés–Romero, and H. Sira–Ramírez, “Trajectory tracking control of a mobile robot through a flatness–based exact feedforward linearization scheme,” Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, vol. 137. no. 5, 2015.Google Scholar
- L. Lavigne, F. Cazaurang, and B. Bergeon, “Modelization of disturbed flat system for robust control design,” Proc. of 5th IFAC Symposium on Nonlinear Control System (NOLCOS’ 01), Saint Petersbourg, Russia, vol. 2, pp. 759–762, 2001.Google Scholar
- L. Chen, Y. Jia, and J. Du, “Robust control of flat systems using sliding mode approach,” Proc. of American Control Conference, Boston, MA, USA, pp. 4749–4753, 2016.Google Scholar