Fuzzy Controller for Laboratory Levitation System: Real-time Experiments Using Programmable Logic Controller
- 18 Downloads
Development of a Fuzzy Proportional Integral Derivative (FPID) controller for a laboratory magnetic levitation process is described. The process is unstable and nonlinear, it is impossible to use a classical PID controller which works correctly. The process is very fast: the sampling period is 1 ms. The FPID controller is implemented using the R04 (the iQ-R family) Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) produced by Mitsubishi Electric.
KeywordsFuzzy control magnetic levitation nonlinear control programmable logic controller
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. Bächle, S. Hentzelt, and K. Graichen, “Nonlinear model predictive control of a magnetic levitation system,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 11, no. 21, pp. 12501258, 2013.Google Scholar
- M. G. Feemster, Y. Fang, and D. M. Dawson, “Disturbance rejection for a magnetic levitation system,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 709717, 2006.Google Scholar
- M. Kamel, A. Kandil, W. A. El-Ganaini, and M. Eissa, “Active vibration control of a nonlinear magnetic levitation system via nonlinear saturation controller (NSC),” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 77, pp. 605–619, 2014.Google Scholar
- D. W. Kim, H. J. Lee, M. H. Kim, S.-y. Lee, and T.-y. Kim, “Robust sampled-data fuzzy control of nonlinear systems with parametric uncertainties: its application to depth control of autonomous underwater vehicles,” International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 1164–1172, 2012.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- M. Ławryńczuk, Computationally Efficient Model Predictive Control Algorithms: A Neural Network Approach, Studies in Systems, Decision and Control, vol. 3, Springer, Heidelberg, 2014.Google Scholar
- Magnetic Levitation System: User’s manual, Inteco, Kraków, 2014.Google Scholar
- A. Piłat and A. Turnau, “Time-optimal control supported by PD in real-time,” Proc. of the 15th IFAC Workshop on Control Applications of Optimization, pp. 158–163, 2012.Google Scholar
- W. Zheng, Zhang, H.-B. Wang, H.-R. Wang and P.H. Yin, “Stability analysis and dynamic output feedback control for nonlinear T-S fuzzy systems with multiple subsystems and nonrmalized membership functions,” International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 2801–2813, 2018.CrossRefGoogle Scholar