Decentralized Adaptive Control of Interconnected Nonlinear Systems with Unknown Control Directions and Actuator Failure
- 19 Downloads
In this paper, we propose a decentralized adaptive control scheme for a class of interconnected nonlinear systems without a priori knowledge of subsystems’ control directions and unknown actuator failure. To address this problem, a novel Nussbaum-type function is proposed and a key theorem is drawn which involves quantifying the interconnections of multiple Nussbaum-type functions of the subsystems with different control directions in a single inequality. The effect of actuator failures is successfully compensated. Global stability of the closed-loop system and asymptotic stabilization of subsystems’ output are proved and a simulation example is given to illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed control scheme.
KeywordsActuator failure adaptive control decentralized control nonlinear systems unknown control directions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. Nussbaum, “Some remarks on the conjecture in parameter adaptive control,” Syst Control Lett, vol. 3, pp. 243–246, 1983.Google Scholar
- F. Chen, S. Zhang, B. Jiang, and G. Tao, “Multiple–model based fault detection and diagnosis for helicopter with actuator faults via quantumin formation technique,” J. Syst. Control Eng, vol. 228, no. 3, pp. 182–190, 2014.Google Scholar
- S. H. Hashemipour, N. Vasegh, and A. Sedigh, “Decentralized model reference adaptive control for interconnected time delay systems with delay in state and compensation of long delay in input by nested prediction,” Int. Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 1198–1206, 2017.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Y. H. Choi and S. J. Yoo, “Decentralized approximationfree control for uncertain large–scale pure–feedback systems with unknown time–delayed nonlinearities and control directions,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 85, 1053.1066, 2016.Google Scholar
- C. Hua, L. Zhang, and X. Guan, “Decentralized output feedback controller design for nonlinear interconnected systems with unknown control direction and time–varying delays,” Int. J. Adapt. Control Signal Process. vol. 28, pp. 1160.1173, 2014.Google Scholar