The Direct Feedback Control and Exponential Stabilization of a Coupled Heat PDE-ODE System with Dirichlet Boundary Interconnection
- 17 Downloads
This paper addresses the exponential stability for an interconnected system of an nth-order ODE system with the input governed by the Dirichlet boundary of a heat equation, and conversely, the output of the ODE is fluxed into the heat equation. The semigroup approach is adopted to show that the system operator is well-posed. We establish the exponential stability of the system by Riesz basis method. Furthermore, with MATLAB software, some numerical simulations are presented to show the effectiveness of the interconnection between the heat PDE and ODE systems.
KeywordsCoupled system exponential stability heat equation spectral analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. N. Singh, “Robust Nonlinear Attitude Control of flexible Spacecraft,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace & Electronic System, vol. AES–23, no. 3, pp. 380–387, 2007.Google Scholar
- C. Chalons, M. L. D. Monache, and P. Goatin, “A conservative scheme for non–classical solutions to a strongly coupled PDE–ODE problem,” Analysis of PDEs, 2014.Google Scholar
- W. Omar, Y. W. Fu, J. M. Lai, and Q. L. Zhang, “Simulation of RF circuit with a PDE model of the MOSFET,” Proc. of 4th International Conference on ASIC, pp. 662–665, 2001.Google Scholar
- B. Liu and H. Y. Hu, “Stabilization of linear undamped systems via position and delayed position feedbacks,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 312, pp. 509–525, 2008.Google Scholar
- M. Krstic, “Compensating a string PDE in the actuation or in sensing path of an unstable ODE,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 54, pp. 1362.1368, 2009.Google Scholar
- J. J. Gu, C. Q. Wei and J. M. Wang, “Backstepping–based output regulation of ODEs cascaded by wave equation with in–domain anti–damping,” Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, in press, 2018. DOI: 10.1177/0142331217752040Google Scholar
- L. Lu and J. M. Wang, “Stabilization of Schrödinger Equation in dynamic boundary feedback with a memory typed heat equation,” International Journal of Control, in press, 2018. DOI: 10.1080/00207179.2017.1358826Google Scholar
- B. Z. Guo, “Riesz basis approach to the stabilization of a flexible beam with a tip mass,” SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, vol. 39, pp. 1736.1747, 2001.Google Scholar