Parameter Identification for a Quadrotor Helicopter Using Multivariable Extremum Seeking Algorithm
- 60 Downloads
Parameter identification for a quadrotor helicopter is challenging from a theoretical point of view. In this paper, a closed-loop multivariable extremum seeking algorithm (MESA) is proposed for a nonlinear quadrotor helicopter parameter identification with two groups of input data. The proposed scheme is universally applicable to the closed-loop identification for cross-coupling multivariable processes where the identification problem is formulated as a minimization of a cost function. As the gradients of the performance parameters are obtained by step response experiments, the whole system searches along the negative gradient of the cost function until the reference trajectory or point is derived. Since the cost function is treated as a mapping from the model parameters, then the parameters can be identified online and in a real-time manner. The procedure of the identification algorithm is presented, and its effectiveness is illustrated by numerical simulations.
KeywordsCost function multivariable extremum seeking algorithm parameter identification quadrotor helicopter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. V. Raffo, M. G. Ortega, and F. R. Rubio, “Nonlinear H¥ controller for the quad-rotor helicopter with input coupling,” Proceedings of the 18th World Congress the International Federation of Automatic Control, pp. 13834–13839, Milano, Italy, August 2011.Google Scholar
- G. Gremillion and J. Humbert, “System identification of a quadrotor micro air vehicle,” Proc. of AIAA Conference on Atmospheric Flight Mechanics, pp. 7644–7649, Toronto, Canada, August 2010.Google Scholar
- W. Wei, N. Schwartz, and K. Cohen, “Frequency-domain system identification and simulation of a quadrotor controller,” Proc. of AIAA Conference on Atmospheric Flight Mechanics, pp. 1834–1839, Maryland, USA, January 2014.Google Scholar
- Y. Tan, W. H. Moase, C. Manzie, D. Nei, and I. M. Y. Mareels, “Extremum seeking from 1922 to 2010,” Proceedings of the 29th Chinese Control Conference, pp. 14–26, Beijing, China, September 2010.Google Scholar
- A. Scheinker and S. Gessner, “Extremum seeking for parameter identification, implementation for electron beam property prediction,” Proc. of 2014 IEEE 53th Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 2673–2678, Los Angeles, USA, February 2015.Google Scholar
- M. Benosman, “Extremum seeking-based parametric identification for partial differential equations,” Proc. of 2nd IFAC Workshop on Control of Systems Governed by Partial Differential Equations, pp. 19–24, 2016.Google Scholar
- L. Yang and J. Liu, “Parameter identification for a quadrotor helicopter using PSO,” Proc. of 2013 IEEE 52th Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 5828–5833, Florence, Italy, March 2014.Google Scholar