Design of a Robust Discrete-time Phase Lead Repetitive Control in Frequency Domain for a Linear Actuator with Multiple Phase Uncertainties
- 10 Downloads
This paper presents a simple and effective design of a discrete-time repetitive control (RC) in frequency domain. Unlike existing phase lead RC designs, the proposed approach provides flexible phase lag compensation at multiple frequencies, which ensures improved tracking performance and robustness against system uncertainties over a wide bandwidth. The proposed design is applied to a linear actuator (LA) with friction and payload variations. The robust stability analysis presented in this study demonstrates the effectiveness of the proposed method in the presence of multiple system uncertainties. Both simulation and experimental results validate the improvement. While, the comparison study shows the superiority of the proposed approach.
KeywordsLinear actuator (LA) phase lead compensator (PLC) phase lead repetitive control (PLRC) repetitive control (RC)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. Naso, F. Cupertino, and B. Turchiano, “NPID and adaptive approximation control of motion systems with friction,” IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 214–222, 2012.Google Scholar
- B. Zhang, K. Zhou, Y. Ye, and D. Wang, “Design of linear phase lead repetitive control for CVCF PWM DC-AC converters,” Proc. of the American Control Conf., vol. 2, pp. 1154–1159, 2005.Google Scholar
- K. Krishnamoorthy, C.-Y. Lin, and T.-C. Tsao, “Design and control of a dual stage fast tool servo for precision machining,” Proc. of the IEEE International Conf. on Control Applications, vol. 1, pp. 742–747, 2004.Google Scholar
- W.-S. Yau and M.-C. Tsai, “Repetitive control design for linear servo systems,” Proc. of the American Control Conf., vol. 5, pp. 3728–3732, 1999.Google Scholar
- M. Tomizuka, T.-C. Tsao, and K.-K. Chew, “Discrete-time domain analysis and synthesis of repetitive controllers,” Proc. of the American Control Conf., pp. 860–866, 1988.Google Scholar
- K. Ogata, Discrete-Time Control Systems, 2nd ed., Prentice-Hall International, 1995.Google Scholar