Tracking Error Constrained Super-twisting Sliding Mode Control for Robotic Systems
- 79 Downloads
In this paper, we address a robust super-twisting sliding mode control that ensures finite-time convergence and the prescribed tracking error constrained performance of a robotic system. A tracking error-transformed variable based on a super-twisting sliding mode surface is constructed for achieving the transient and steady-state time performances of the position of the robotic manipulator, and satisfying the properties of an ordinary sliding mode control. The proposed controller performs the constrained positioning of the robot manipulator without using a complex modeling process or intelligent nonlinear approximations for unknown robot dynamics and uncertainty. The problem of difficult separation of an unknown nonlinear function into known and unknown parts in the conventional variable super-twisting algorithm (STA) is overcome by designing a convenient adaptive law for the unknown function. Thus, the proposed control approach provides both finite-time convergence and constrained tracking error boundedness within a prescribed position range of the robotic manipulator. The effectiveness of the proposed robust control scheme is demonstrated through its experimental application to an industrial articulated robot manipulator and a XY robotic manipulator.
KeywordsAdaptive control error constraint control robotic manipulator super-twisting sliding mode control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. I. Utkin, Sliding Modes in Optimization and Control Problem, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1991.Google Scholar
- A. J. Moreno and M. Osorio, “A Lyapunov approach to second-order sliding mode controller and observers,” Proc. of 47th IEEE Conf. on Decision and Contr., Dec. 9-11, pp. 2856–2861, 2008.Google Scholar
- J. Na, Q. Chen, X. Ren, and Y. Guo, “Adaptive prescribed performance motion control of servo mechanisms with friction compensation,” IEEE Trans. Indust. Electr., vol. 61, no. 1, Jan. 2014.Google Scholar
- L. E. G. Jimenez, A. Loukianov, and E. B. Corrochano, “Fully nested super-twisting algorithm for uncertain robotic manipulators,” Proc. of IEEE Inter. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 5807–5812, 2011. [click]Google Scholar
- M. Van, H. J. Kang, and Y. S. Suh, “A novel fuzzy second-order sliding mode control observer-controller for T-S fuzzy systems with an application for robot control,” International Journal Precision and Manufacturing, vol. 14, no. 10, pp.1703-1711, 2013. [click]Google Scholar
- Y. Wei, J. Qiu, and H. R. Karimi, “Fuzzy-affinemodel-based memory filter design of nonlinear systems with time-varying delay,” IEEE Tran. Fuzzy Sys., doi:10.1109/TFUZZ.2017.2686352, 2017.Google Scholar