Probabilistic-constrained optimal control of a class of stochastic hybrid systems
- 134 Downloads
Stochastic hybrid systems have several applications such as biological systems and communication networks, but it is difficult to consider control of general stochastic hybrid systems. In this paper, a class of discrete-time stochastic hybrid systems, in which only discrete dynamics are stochastic, is considered. For this system, a solution method for the optimal control problem with probabilistic constraints is proposed. Probabilistic constraints guarantee that the probability that the continuous state reaches a given unsafe region is less than a given constant. In the propose method, first, continuous state regions, from which the state reaches a given unsafe region, are computed by a backward-reachability graph. Next, mixed integer quadratic programming problems with constraints derived from the backward-reachability graph are solved. The proposed method can be applied to model predictive control.
KeywordsBackward-reachability graphs optimal control probabilistic constraints stochastic hybrid systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Abate, J. Lygeros, and S. Sastry Eds., Proc. of the 47th IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control/Workshop on Stochastic Hybrid Systems: Theory and Applications, 2008.Google Scholar
- H. A. P. Blom and J. Lygeros Eds., Stochastic Hybrid Systems: Theory and Safety Critical Applications, Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences 337, 2006.Google Scholar
- J. P. Hespanha, “Why should I care about stochastic hybrid systems?,” Proc. of the 49th IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, Semi-plenary talk, 2010.Google Scholar
- M. L. Bujorianu and J. Lygeros, “General stochastic hybrid systems: modelling and optimal control,” Proc. of the 43rd IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, pp. 1872–1877, 2004.Google Scholar
- K. Kobayashi and K. Hiraishi, “MLD-Based modeling and MPC of discrete-time hybrid systems with stochastic mode transitions,” Proc. of the 19th IEEE Conf. on Control Applications (as a part of 2010 MSC), pp. 1331–1336, 2010.Google Scholar
- L. Shi, A. Abate, and S. Sastry, “Optimal control of a class of stochastic hybrid systems,” Proc. of the 43rd IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, pp. 1842–1847, 2004.Google Scholar
- F. Adamek, M. Sobotka, and O. Stursberg, “Stochastic optimal control for hybrid systems with uncertain discrete dynamics,” Proc. of the 4th IEEE Conf. on Automation Science and Engineering, pp. 23–28, 2008.Google Scholar
- K. Kobayashi and J. Imura, “Minimality of finite automata representation in hybrid systems control,” Proc. of the 10th Int’l Conf. on Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control, Lecture Note in Computer Science 4416, pp. 343–356, Springer, 2007.Google Scholar