Time forward observer based adaptive controller for a teleoperation system
- First Online:
- 85 Downloads
This paper presents a design of a teleoperation system using time forward observer-based adaptive controller. The controller is robust to the time-variant delays and the environmental uncertainties while assuring the stability and the transparent performance. A novel theoretical framework and algorithms for this teleoperation system have been built up with neural network-based multiple model control and time forward state observer. Conditions for stability and transparency performance are also investigated.
KeywordsNeural network stability time forwad observer time variant delay transparent performance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. Kikuchi, K. Takeo, and K. Kosuge, “Teleoperation system via computer network for dynamic environment,” Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Leuven, Belgium, pp. 3534–3539, 1998.Google Scholar
- W. H. Zhu and S. E. Salcudean, “Teleoperation with adaptive motion/force control,” Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Detroit, USA, pp. 231–237, 1999.Google Scholar
- M. Boukhnifer and A. Ferreira, “Stability and transparency for scaled teleoperation system,” Proc. of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Beijing, China, pp. 4217–4222, 2006.Google Scholar
- E. Slawinski and W. Mut, “Transparency in Time for Teleoperation Systems,” Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Pasadena, USA, pp. 200–205, 2008.Google Scholar
- Q. Chen, J. Quan, and J. Xia, “Neural networkbased multiple model adaptive predictive control for teleoperation system,” Proc. of the 4th international symposium on Neural Networks: Advances in Newral Networks, Nanjing, China, pp. 64–69, 2007.Google Scholar
- A. C. Smith and K. Hashtrudi-Zaad, “Adaptive teleoperation using neural network-based predictive control,” Proc. of the IEEE Conference on Control Applications, pp. 1269–1274, Toronto, Canada, 2005.Google Scholar
- A. Suebromran and M. Parnichkun, “Disturbance observer-based hybrid control of displacement and force in a medical tele-analyzer,” International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 70–78, 2005.Google Scholar