Robust multi-model predictive control using LMIs
- 161 Downloads
This paper proposes a novel synthesis technique for robust predictive control of constrained nonlinear systems based on linear matrix inequalities (LMIs) formalism. Local discrete-time polytopic models are exploited for prediction of the system behavior. This design strategy can be applied to nonlinear systems provided a suitable embedding is available. The devised procedure guarantees constraint satisfaction and asymptotic stability. The proposed result extends previous works by handling less conservative input constraints and exploiting the different local descriptions of nonlinearity and uncertainty. The multi-model prediction together with the modified input constraints show significant improvements in terms of closed-loop performance and estimation of the feasibility domain.
KeywordsControl of constrained nonlinear systems LMIs model predictive control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Ben-Tal and A. Nemirovski, Editors, Lectures on Modern Convex Optimization, MPS-SIAM Series on Optimization, 2001.Google Scholar
- F. Blanchini and S. Miani, Set-Theoretic Methods in Control (Systems & Control: Foundations & Applications), Birkhauser, Boston, USA, 2007.Google Scholar
- F. A. Cuzzola and M. Morari, “A generalized approach for analysis and control of discrete-time piecewise affine and hybrid systems,” Proc. of International Workshop on Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control, pp. 189–203, Roma, Italy, 2001.Google Scholar
- G. C. Goodwin, M. M. Seron, and J. A. De Dona, Editors, Constrained Control and Estimation, Springer-Verlag, London, UK, 2004.Google Scholar
- P. J. Goulart and E. C. Kerrigan, “A method for robust receding horizon output feedback control of constrained systems,” Proc. of the 45th IEEE CDC, San Diego, CA, USA, 2006.Google Scholar
- A. Hassibi, J. How, and S. Boyd, “A pathfollowing method for solving bmi problems in control,” Proc. of American control conference, pp. 1385–1389, San Diego, California, USA, 1999.Google Scholar
- M. Lazar, W. P. M. H. Heemels, S. Weiland, and A. Bemporad, “On the stability of quadratic forms based model predictive control of constrained pwa systems,” Proc. of American Control Conference, pp. 575–580, Portland, OR, USA, 2005.Google Scholar
- D. Mignone, G. Ferrari-Trecate, and M. Morari, “Stability and stabilization of piecewise affine and hybrid systems: an LMI approach,” Proc. of IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Sydney, Australia, 2000.Google Scholar
- B. Pluymers, J. A. Rossiter, J. A. K. Suykens, and B. De Moor, “Interpolation based mpc for lpv systems using polyhedral invariant sets,” Proc. of American Control Conference, pp. 810–815, Portland, Oregon, USA, 2005.Google Scholar