Scheme choice for optimal allocation of water resources based on fuzzy language evaluation and the generalized induced ordered weighted averaging operator
The choice of scheme for the optimal allocation of water resource (OAW R) is a fuzzy multiple-attribution decision that is determined using information from many figures and fuzzy language regarding several evaluated factors, such as investment, daily water supplying, fee of contaminated water disposal, water conservation, and the development of economy.
In this paper, the evaluation system employed to choose an OAWR scheme is established based on the evaluation of fuzzy language and the generalized induced ordered weighted averaging (GIOWA) operator. Considering economic aspects and a sustainable water supply, the five following constituents are chosen: 1) Investment (Yuan), 2) Daily water supply (ton/day), 3) Fee of contaminated water disposal (Yuan), 4) Water conservation (fuzzy language), and 5) Development of economy (fuzzy language). The analytic hierarchy process (AHP) method is used to determine the weighting vector.
A case study on the choice of OAWR in the northern area of Shenyang city, China was conducted by a multiple-attribution decision based on the GIOWA operator. The results shows that the system employed was able to choose the best scheme of OAWR in which fuzzy and multiple-attribution decision-making should be performed.
KeywordsOptimal allocation of water resource Fuzzy language evaluation GIOWA operator Fuzzy multiple-attribution decision making
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Xu Z S, Da Q (2002) Multi-attribute decision making based on fuzzy linguistic assessments. Journal of Southeast University (Natural Science Edition) 32(04): 656–658Google Scholar
- 5.Yang Y, Xiao C Y, Tu Y (2006) Salt cavity gas storage selecting based on fuzzy language evaluation and GIOWA arithmetic operators. Fuzzy Information and Engineering 6: 81–87Google Scholar
- 6.Bai X C, Ling K, Guo C Z (2005) The fuzzy synthesizing evaluation of city’s environmental quality based on GIOWA operator: a case of 13 cities of Jiangsu province. Chinese Journal of Population, Resources and Environment 3(4): 51–58Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang A M, Zhang C R, Liu Z Y, Cai Q (2009) Effectiveness evaluation of vehicle maintenance equipment based on GIOWA operator. Ordnance Industry Automation (Chinese Journal) 28(5): 26–28Google Scholar
- 8.Li H, Chai X S, Wang B D (2009) Location decision of logistics center based on GIOWA operator. Technical and Method (Chinese Journal) 28(6): 82–84Google Scholar
- 10.Xu Z S (2002) A method based on fuzzy linguistic assessments and linguistic ordered weighted averaging (OWA) operator for multi-attribute group decision-making problems. Systems Engineering 20(5): 79–82Google Scholar