Springback prediction of TWIP automotive sheets
- 364 Downloads
In an effort to reduce the weight of vehicles, automotive companies are replacing conventional steel parts with light weight alloys and/or with advanced high strength steels (AHSS) such as dual-phase (DP), twinning induced plasticity (TWIP), and transformation induced plasticity (TRIP) steels. The main objective of this work is to experimentally and numerically evaluate the macro-performance of the automotive TWIP sheet in conjunction with springback. In order to characterize the mechanical properties, simple tension and tension-compression tests were performed to determine anisotropic properties, as well as the Bauschinger, transient, and permanent softening behaviors during reverse loading. For numerical simulations, the anisotropic yield function Yld2000-2d was utilized along with the combined isotropic-kinematic hardening law based on the modified Chaboche model. Springback verification was performed for the unconstrained cylindrical bending and 2D draw bending tests.
KeywordsTWIP steel metal forming AHSS spring-back permanent softening
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. H. Schumann, Neue Hutte 17, 605 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.J. K. Jung, O. Y. Lee, Y. K. Park, D. E. Kim, K. G. Jin, S. K. Kim, and K. H. Song, J. Kor. Inst. Met. & Mater. 46, 627 (2008).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Xu, K. Zhao, T. Lanker, J. Zhang, and C. T. Wang, SAE International 2007-01-1687 (2007).Google Scholar
- 6.T. Kawaguchi, S. Imatani, and K. Yamaguchi, J. JSTP 35, 125 (1994).Google Scholar
- 7.K. Mattiasson, P. Thilderkvist, A. Strange, and A. Samuelsson, Proc. NUMIFORM’95 (eds. S. Shen, P. R. Dawson), p. 115 (1995).Google Scholar
- 8.N. He and R. H. Wagoner, Proc. NUMISHEET’96 (eds. J. K. Lee, G. L. Kinzel and R. H. Wagoner), p. 308 (1996).Google Scholar
- 9.F. Pourboghrat and E. Chu, Int. J. Mech. Sci. 36, 327 (1996).Google Scholar
- 18.K. S. Chung, D. Kim, W. Lee, J. Kim, K. H. Chung, C. Kim, K. Okamoto, and R. H. Wagoner, Int. J. Solids Structures (2009).Google Scholar
- 21.L. Xu and F. Barlat, Proc. ICTP 2008 (eds. D.Y. Yang, Y.H. Kim, C.H. Park), p. 867 (2008).Google Scholar
- 23.ABAQUS User’s manual (version 6.5), Hibbit, Karlsson & Sorensen Inc., USA (2005).Google Scholar