Model test on failure and control mechanism of surrounding rocks in tunnels with super large sections
- 97 Downloads
This paper aims to explore the deformation and failure mechanism of surrounding rock of small spacing tunnel with super large sections. A geo-mechanical model test was carried out with the Ganggou Tunnel in China as engineering background. Tunnel excavation with and without high strength support were simulated in the experimental test. The effect of high strength support on rock displacement, stress evolution, and mechanical characteristics of support components were analyzed. Afterward, an overloading test was conducted for different overburden depths. Conclusions regarding the deformation and failure mechanism of surrounding rock are developed by comparing with and without high strength support.
KeywordsTunnel with super large section High strength support Geo-mechanical model test Twin side heading method Deformation and failure mechanism
The work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grants 51904006, 51704125 and 51674154), the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (Grants 2017T100491 and 2016M602144), the Shandong Provincial Natural Science Foundation, China (Grants ZR2017QEE013, 2018GGX109001, and 2017GGX30101), the Research Fund of The State Key Laboratory for Geo-mechanics and Deep Underground Engineering, CUMT (Grant SKLGDUEK1717), and The State Key Laboratory of Coal Resources and Safe Mining, CUMT (Grant SKLCRSM18KF012).
- Bieniawski Z T. (1974) Geomechanics classification of rock masses and its application in tunneling. Proc. 3rd International Congress on Rock Mechanics, ISRM, Denver, volume 11 A: 27–32Google Scholar
- Bieniawski ZT (1989) Engineering rock mass classification. John Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Chen GY, Liu B, Wan MF, Hao Z, Li W (2005) Analysis of stress monitoring of a large-span highway tunnel in Hanjialing Mountain. Chinese J Rock Mech Eng 24(Supp.2):5509–5515 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Gu, J.C., Shen J., Chen, A. M. (1998) Mechanism and design method of prestressed anchor cable. Luoyang: the Third Research Institute of Engineering Corps, General Staff PLA, 76–79. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zhu HH, Huang F, Xu QW (2010a) Model test and numerical simulation for progressive failure of weak and fractured tunnel surrounding rock under different overburden depths. Chin J Rock Mech Eng 29(6):1113–1122 (in Chinese)Google Scholar