Production and characterization of ceramic materials in three-dimensional printer
- 56 Downloads
Along with the developing technology, ceramic printers that can produce with ceramic materials as well as plastic materials started to enter our lives in 3D printers. In this study, 3D Cartesian type ceramic printer designed and prototype were performed. To investigate the effect of filling ratio and sintering temperature on the characteristic properties of ceramic samples, five different filling ratios [10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, and 50%] were used. White clay material used for sample producing with 3D ceramic printer. As a result of these prints, the samples were sintered at 900 °C, 950 °C, and 1000 °C. Subsequently, compression strength, water absorption, density tests and SEM, XRD, EDX analysis were carried out in order to determine the characteristic properties of the samples. The results of the tests were compared with graphs. As a result, compression strength and density increased with the increasing sintering temperature and filling ratio, and porosity decreased as seen in SEM analysis. It was seen in XRD and EDX analysis that the Al2SiO5 peaks intensity increased with increasing sintering temperature.
Keywords3D printer Water absorption Cartesian Ceramic Clay Characterization
This work was supported by Karabuk University Scientific Research Projects (BAP) department with the project titled “3D CERAMIC PRINTER DESIGN AND CERAMIC MATERIAL MANUFACTURING WITH PROTOTYPE AND INVESTIGATION OF THE EFFECT OF PRINTING PARAMETERS ON THE CERAMIC MATERIAL” with Project number KBU-BAP 15/02 YL-039. We thank the Karabuk University BAP unit for their support.
- Bakırcı E, Toprakhisar B, Zeybek MC, Özaydın İG, Koç B (2017) Cell sheet based bioink for 3D bioprinting applications. Biofabr 9Google Scholar
- Çalışkan A, Evlen H, Çetinkaya K (2016) Design and prototype manufacturing of 3D ceramic printer. I Symp on 3D Print Tech, Turkey 58-59Google Scholar
- Demirkol N (2004) Düşük kil içerikli üretilen anortit bazlı vitrifiye seramiklerinde organik bağlayıcı ilavesinin ham mukavemet üzerine etkisi. Master Dissertation, GYTE, TurkeyGoogle Scholar
- Keep J (2013) Spherical harmonics: experiments in 3d printed ceramic form. Nordic Design Resea Conf Copenhagen- MalmöGoogle Scholar
- Klocke F, Ader C (2003) Direct laser sintering of ceramics. S Freeform Fabric Symp, England, Texas, 447-455lGoogle Scholar
- Kwon H (2002) Effects of orifice shape in contour crafting of ceramic materials. Dissertation, University of Southern CaliforniaGoogle Scholar
- Obada DO, David DA, Dauda M, Anafi FO, Ahmed AS, Ajayi OA (2017) The impact of kaolin dehydroxylation on the porosity and mechanical integrity of kaolin based ceramics using different pore formers. Res Physiol 7:2718–2727Google Scholar