Youth work and youth policy in Albania
- 23 Downloads
It is paradoxical that such a small country like Albania has so many young people; that with so many young people there is still no law dedicated to them; there are many youth organizations but yet the youth has not reached their 20 % in decision making.
Albania has not any research about the number of youth-based NGOs or number of youth workers. This generation organizes various activities and the youth workers use different methods in their work, but they also have a lot of problems and still need support in order to develop.
The Directory of Youth Policy at the Ministry of Welfare and Youth is responsible for youth policy. The most important strategic document on youth policies has not yet appeared, but will be The National Action Plan for Youth 2014–2020 that will be focused on the issues of employment, education, youth participation, health and culture.
KeywordsYoung People Youth Work Youth Service National Action Plan National Youth
- Inner draft for the preparation of National Action Plan for Youth 2014–2020. Tirana: Ministry of Welfare and Youth.Google Scholar
- MDG Achievement Fund, & ILO. (2013). Youth employment and migration, Country brief: Albania. http://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/---ed_emp/---ed_emp_msu/documents/publication/wcms_219634.pdf (accessed 16 February 2015).
- Ministry of the Work, Social Issues and Equal Opportunities, MDG Achievement Fund, & United Nations Albania. (2013) Action Plan for the Employment of the young people 2010–2013. Tirana: 2013.Google Scholar
- Ministry of Tourism, Culture, Youth and Sports, & Albania Youth Council. (2013). Networking for the Implementation of the National Youth Action Plan 2011–2013. Tirana: Ministry of Tourism, Culture, Youth and Sports.Google Scholar
- Ministry of Tourism, Culture, Youth and Sports. (2007). Youth Strategy 2007–2013. Tirana: Ministry of Tourism, Culture, Youth and Sports.Google Scholar
- Mwanza, J. & Ghambi, N. (2011). The community scorecard process: Methodology, use, successes, challenges and opportunities. Participatory Learning and Action (Young citizens: youth and participatory governance in Africa), 64, 187–194. http://pubs.iied.org/pdfs/G03207.pdf (accessed 16 February 2015).Google Scholar
- Williamson, H., Mašková, Z., Nilsson, I., Brandtner, G., Coussee, F., & Kišević, S. (2010). Youth policy in Albania, Conclusions of the Council of Europe international review team. Strasbourg: Council of Europe. http://www.coe.int/t/dg4/youth/Source/IG_Coop/YP_Albania_en.pdf (accessed 16 February 2015).