Development of a new machine system for the forming of micro-sheet-products
- 349 Downloads
Challenges concerning industrial applications of microforming have been recognised, and efforts are being made to meet these challenges. For micro-sheet forming, fundamentals related to the development of an industrial system are being examined further by the EU MASMICRO consortium, based on which prototype micro-sheet-forming machine system has been developed. The system development addresses the specific issues concerning machine dynamics, material feeding, production rate, tool design and fabrication, and part transport. The prototype system has been tested with the forming of demonstration components and an industrial version of the machine has been designed.
Key wordsMicroforming Micro-sheet forming Manufacturing system Machine design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Geiger, M.Kleiner, R.Eckstein, N.Tiesler and U.Engel, “Microforming”, Annals of CIRP 50 (2) (2001) 445–462.Google Scholar
- 2.F. Vollerston, Z. Hu, H. Schulze Niehoff and C. Theiler, State of the art in microforming and investigations into micro-deep drawing. J. Mats. Proc. Tech., 151 (2004) 70–79.Google Scholar
- 3.U. Engel and Geizdörfer, “Microforming technology-on the way to industrial application”, Keynote paper, Proc. 1st Int. Conf. on Micro-Manufacturing, Urbana-Champaign, USA, Sept.2006, pp. 21–30Google Scholar
- 4.EU Masmicro Consortium, Project Technical Reports (2004–2007), NMP2-CT-2004–500095.Google Scholar
- 5.Y. Qin, ‘Micro-forming and miniature manufacturing systems–Development needs and perspectives’, Keynote paper 11th Int. Conf. of Metal Forming, Sept. 2006, J. Mats. Proc. Tech., 177 (2006) 8-183.Google Scholar
- 6.Y. Qin ‘Development of an integrated manufacturing facility for mass-manufacture of miniature/micro-products’, Keynote paper, Proc. 1st Int. Conf. on Micro-Manufacturing, Urbana-Champaign, USA, Sept. 2006, pp. 35–40.Google Scholar
- 7.Y. Qin, ‘Advance in micro-manufacturing research and technological development and challenges/opportunities for micro-mecahnical machining’, Keynote paper, The Cutting Tool Congress 2007, Milan, Nov. 2007, 1–8.Google Scholar