An inverse method for material parameters determination of titanium samples under tensile loading
- 114 Downloads
The present study focus on the parameters identification of an elastic-plastic behaviour law by the mean of full-field measurements and inverse method. Titanium samples are loaded under tensile conditions. Measurements provides displacement fields that are used to update a Finite Element (FE) model. The minimization of the cost-function is ensured by a Levenberg-Marquardt (LM) algorithm. The whole deformation process is considered even while necking occurs. Finally, five parameters are successfully identified. The resulting force assessed by the FE model with the identified parameters point the mismatching of the Hollomon’s law when necking rules the deformation.
KEYWORDSFull-field measurement Inverse method Tensile test FE simulation Titanium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Kajberg and G. Lindkvist. Characterization of materials subjected to large strains by inverse modelling based on inplane displacement fields. International Journal of Solids and Structures, 41:3439–3459, 2004.Google Scholar
- P. Vacher, S. Dumoulin, F. Morestin, and S. Mguil-Touchal. Bidimensional strain measurement using digital images. Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng., 213:811–817, 1999.Google Scholar
- M. Grédiac. The use of full-field measurement methods in composite material characterization: interest and limitations. Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, 35:751–761, 2004.Google Scholar
- M.A.N. Hendricks. Identification of the mechanical behavior of solid materials. PhD thesis, Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands, 1991.Google Scholar
- D. Lecompte. Elastic and elasto-plastic material parameter identification by inverse modeling of static tests using digital image correlation. PhD thesis, Koninklijke Militaire School, Belgium, 2007.Google Scholar
- M.H.H. Meuwissen, Oomens C.W.J., Baaijens F.P.T., R. Petterson, and J.D. Janssen. Determination of the elastoplastic properties of aluminium using a mixed numericalexperimental method. Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 75:204–211, 1998.Google Scholar
- O. Ghouati and J.C. Gelin. Identification of material parameters directly from metal forming processes. Journal of Materials Processing Thechnology, 80–81:560–564, 1998.Google Scholar
- J.-P. Kleinermann. Identification paramétrique et optimisation des procédés de mise en forme par probl`eme inverse. PhD thesis, Université de Liège, Belgique, 2000.Google Scholar