Can insulating graphene oxide contribute the enhanced conductivity and durability of silver nanowire coating?
- 12 Downloads
As an essential component of flexible optoelectronic devices, transparent conductive films made of silver nanowire (AgNW) have attracted wide attention due to the extraordinary optical, electrical and mechanical properties. However, the application of AgNW coating still faces some challenges to be overcome including large contact resistance and poor durability. Here, we induce insulating graphene oxide over silver nanowire network through solution process to modify the electrical property and provide a protective layer. Strong interaction with substrates reducing the contact resistance of AgNW junctions and extra conductive channels of graphene oxide sheets contributes to the dramatic enhancement in electric property as well as durability. The resulting coating exhibits superior and uniform optoelectronic performances (sheet resistance of ~ 38 Ω·sq−1 with 91% transmittance at 550 nm), outstanding stability in harsh environments, strong adhesion, and excellent mechanical flexibility after 3,000 bending cycles at a bending radius of 2.0 mm, which imply the promising application prospects in flexible optoelectronics.
Keywordssilver nanowires durability graphene oxide transparent electrodes flexible electronics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The work is financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 11890682, 11832010 and 51861165103).
- Lee, J. W.; Lee, P.; Lee, H. B.; Hong, S.; Lee, I.; Yeo, J.; Lee, S. S.; Kim, T. S.; Lee, D.; Ko, S. H. Room-temperature nanosoldering of a very long metal nanowire network by conducting-polymer-assisted joining for a flexible touch-panel application. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2013, 23, 4171–4176.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Jeon, I.; Chiba, T.; Delacou, C.; Guo, Y. L.; Kaskela, A.; Reynaud, O.; Kauppinen, E. I.; Maruyama, S.; Matsuo, Y. Single-walled carbon nanotube film as electrode in indium-free planar heterojunction perovskite solar cells: Investigation of electron-blocking layers and dopants. Nano Lett. 2015, 15, 6665–6671.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Khan, A.; Nguyen, V. H.; Muñoz-Rojas, D.; Aghazadehchors, S.; Jiménez, C.; Nguyen, N. D.; Bellet, D. Stability enhancement of silver nanowire networks with conformal ZnO coatings deposited by atmospheric pressure spatial atomic layer deposition. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2018, 10, 19208–19217.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Kim, Y.; Ryu, T. I.; Ok, K. H.; Kwak, M. G.; Park, S.; Park, N. G.; Han, C. J.; Kim, B. S.; Ko, M. J.; Son, H. J. et al. Inverted layer-by-layer fabrication of an ultraflexible and transparent Ag nanowire/conductive polymer composite electrode for use in high-performance organic solar cells. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2015, 25, 4580–4589.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Mattevi, C.; Eda, G.; Agnoli, S.; Miller, S.; Mkhoyan, K. A.; Celik, O.; Mastrogiovanni, D.; Granozzi, G.; Garfunkel, E.; Chhowalla, M. Evolution of electrical, chemical, and structural properties of transparent and conducting chemically derived graphene thin films. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2009, 19, 2577–2583.CrossRefGoogle Scholar