On the impact of local microclimate on building performance simulation. Part II: Effect of external conditions on the dynamic thermal behavior of buildings
- 16 Downloads
Most of the building energy models are not suited to properly integrate local urban ambient conditions; thus, this study initiates a sensitivity analysis of the heating and cooling needs and operative temperature of buildings to local radiative, thermal and aeraulic external conditions. These conditions were estimated using the possibilities of a building energy model (based on the BuildSysPro Modelica library) or derived from microclimatic simulations (SOLENE microclimat) for generic isolated or urban buildings. The thermal behaviors of both energy-inefficient and energy-efficient buildings in summer and winter are examined. The results show major effects of short- and long-wave radiative heat transfers as well as aeraulics. According to present results, and given current urban growth and climate change challenges as well as the development of energy conservative buildings, this last point may become particularly critical in the future.
Keywordsbuilding energy simulation urban environmental variables power needs thermal comfort heating and cooling ventilation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors sincerely thank Jean-Luc Hubert and Maya Milliez from the EDF R&D and BHEE for their support when preparing this work.
- CNRM (2015). Town energy balance. Available at https://doi.org/www.umr-cnrm.fr/spip.php?article199/
- Merlier L, Frayssinet L, Johannes K, Kuznik F (2019a). On the impact of local microclimate on building performance simulation. Part I: Prediction of building external conditions. Building Simulation, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12273-019-0507-7.
- Plessis G, Kaemmerlen A, Lindsay A (2014). BuildSysPro: A Modelica library for modelling buildings and energy systems. In: Proceedings of the 10th International Modelica Conference, Lund, Sweden, pp. 1161–1169.Google Scholar
- Rochard U, Shanthirablan S, Brejon C, Chateau le Bras M (2015). Bâtiments résidentiels: Typologie du parc existant et solutions exemplaires pour la rénovation énergétique en France. Technical Report.Google Scholar
- Schumann M, Charrier B, Plessis G, Wall-Ribot B (2016). BuildSysPro un bibliothé Modelica open source pour l’énergétique des bâtiments et des quartiers. In: Proceedings of the IBPSA France Conference. Marne-la-Vallée, France.Google Scholar
- Sun Y, Heo Y, Xie H, Tan M, Wu J, Augenbroe G (2011). Uncertainity quantification of microclimate variables in building energy simulation. In: Proceedings of the 12th International IBPSA Building Simulation Conference, Sydney, Australia, pp. 2423–2430.Google Scholar