Determination of urazamide in pharmaceutical preparation with room temperature ionic liquid
- 247 Downloads
A high performance liquid chromatographic method was developed and validated for the determination of urazamide in pharmaceutical preparation with novel green aqueous mobile phase modified with room temperature ionic liquids (RTILs). 1-Ethyl-3-methyl-imidazolium tetrafluoroborate ([EMIM][BF4]) was selected as a mobile phase additive to improve retention and avoid baseline disturbances at t0. Various mobile phase parameters such as cation moiety, chaotropic anion moiety, pH and concentration of RTILs were optimized to determine urazamide at the proper retention time. The assay was validated according to International Conference on Harmonization guidelines. The linearity of the calibration curve was good (r2 > 0.999). Intra-day precision varied between 0.50 and 1.23%. Relative standard deviations of inter-day precision ranged between 1.07 and 1.66%. Recoveries in tablets ranged between 99.7 and 101.2% and it was successfully applied to determine urazamide in pharmaceutical preparations.
KeywordsVery polar compound Urazamide Room temperature ionic liquids (RTILs) Reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography (RP-HPLC)
This research was supported by 2014 Research Grant from Kangwon National University (No. 120140173).
- Carminati GM (1980) Pharmacology of 5-amino-4-imidazolcarboxamide ureidosuccinate (CARBAICA), a new gepatotrophic drug. Drug Exp Clin Res 6:471–489Google Scholar
- Dolan JW (2008) Ion pairing—blessing or curse? LCGC Eur 21(5):258–263Google Scholar
- ICH Q2 (R1) (2005) ICH harmonised tripartite guideline: validation of analytical procedures: text and methodologyGoogle Scholar
- ICH Q3C (R4) (2009) ICH harmonised tripartite guideline: guideline for residual solventsGoogle Scholar
- Lee YR, Kim HJ, Seo N, Kim KH (2014) Development of alternative assay method without hazardous reagent, chloroform for urazamide tablets in Korean Pharmaceutical Codex. Yakhak Hoeji 58:125–128Google Scholar
- Ruiz-Angel MJ, Carda-Broch S, Berthod A (2006) Ionic liquids versus triethylamine as mobile phase additives in the analysis of β-blockers. J Chromatogr A 1119(1–2):202–208Google Scholar
- Snyder LR, Kirkland JJ, Dolan JW (2010) Introduction to modern liquid chromatography, 3rd edn. Wiley, Hoboken, pp 331–347Google Scholar