miR-7641 modulates the expression of CXCL1 during endothelial differentiation derived from human embryonic stem cells
- 529 Downloads
MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are a class of small noncoding RNAs that negatively regulate gene expression through binding to 3′ untranslated region. We identified and characterized the novel miRNA, miR-7641, in human mesenchymal stem cells. The expression of miR-7641 was downregulated during differentiation from human embryonic stem cells to endothelial cells. The CXCL1, a member of the CXC chemokine family, is known as promoting neovascularization by binding G-protein coupled receptors and is related to endothelial cells biogenesis such as angiogenesis, and it was predicted as target gene of miR-7641 by computerized analysis and the luciferase reporter assay. The miR-7641 significantly suppressed CXCL1 of transcriptional and post-translational levels. These data suggest that miR-7641 might be related with differentiation of human endothelial cells.
KeywordsMicroRNA Human ES cells Endothelial differentiation CXCL1
This research was supported by Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) and was funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology (2012007471).
- Ahn, S.E., S. Kim, K.H. Park, S.H. Moon, H.J. Lee, G.J. Kim, Y.J. Lee, K.Y. Cha, and H.M. Chung. 2006. Primary bone-derived cells induce osteogenic differentiation without exogenous factors in human embryonic stem cells. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 340: 403–408.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Cho, S.W., S.H. Moon, S.H. Lee, S.W. Kang, J. Kim, J.M. Lim, H.S. Kim, B.S. Kim, and H.M. Chung. 2007. Improvement of postnatal neovascularization by human embryonic stem cell derived endothelial-like cell transplantation in a mouse model of hindlimb ischemia. Circulation 116: 2409–2419.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Kane, N.M., L. Howard, B. Descamps, M. Meloni, J. Mcclure, R. Lu, A. Mccahill, C. Breen, R.M. Mackenzie, C. Delles, J.C. Mountford, G. Milligan, C. Emanueli, and A.H. Baker. 2012. Role of microRNAs 99b, 181a, and 181b in the differentiation of human embryonic stem cells to vascular endothelial cells. Stem Cells 30: 643–654.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Kawamura, H., X. Li, K. Goishi, L.A. Van Meeteren, L. Jakobsson, S. Cebe-Suarez, A. Shimizu, D. Edholm, K. Ballmer-Hofer, L. Kjellen, M. Klagsbrun, and L. Claesson-Welsh. 2008. Neuropilin-1 in regulation of VEGF-induced activation of p38MAPK and endothelial cell organization. Blood 112: 3638–3649.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Numasaki, M., M. Watanabe, T. Suzuki, H. Takahashi, A. Nakamura, F. Mcallister, T. Hishinuma, J. Goto, M.T. Lotze, J.K. Kolls, and H. Sasaki. 2005. IL-17 enhances the net angiogenic activity and in vivo growth of human non-small cell lung cancer in SCID mice through promoting CXCR-2-dependent angiogenesis. Journal of Immunology 175: 6177–6189.Google Scholar