Two acetylated megastigmane glycosides from the leaves of Ilex paraguariensis
- First Online:
Two acetylated megastigmane glycosides, matenosides A (1) and B (2), have been isolated from the MeOH extract of Ilex paraguariensis leaves, and their structures were elucidated on the basis of spectroscopic analysis. Compounds 1 and 2 exhibited human neutrophil elastase (HNE) inhibitory activity with IC50 values of 50.4 μM and 11.1 μM, respectively.
Key wordsMegastigmane glycosides Ilex paraguariensis Matenosides A and B
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bieth, J. G., Elastases: Catalytic and biological properties. In “Biology of ExtraCellular Matrix, Vol. 1: Regulation of Matrix Accumulation.” Academic Press, New York, pp. 217–320, (1986).Google Scholar
- Chandra, S. and De Mejia, G. E., Polyphenolic compounds, antioxidant capacity, and quinone reductase activity of an aqueous extract of Ardisia compressa in comparison to Mate (Ilex paraguariensis) and green (Camellia sinensis) teas. J. Agric. Food Chem., 52, 3583–3590 (2004).CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Ninomiya, K., Morikawa, T., Zhang, Y., Nakamura, S., Matsuda, H., Muraoka, O., and Yoshikawa, M., Bioactive constituents from Chinese natural medicines. XXIII. Absolute structures of new megastigmane glycosides, sedumosides A(4), A(5), A(6), H, and I, and hepatoprotective megastigmanes from Sedum sarmentosum. Chem. Pharm. Bull., 55, 1185–1191 (2007).CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Qiu, L., Zhao, F., Liu, H., Chen, L., Jiang, Z., Liu, H., Wang, N., Yao, X., and Qiu, F., Two new megastigmane glycosides, physanosides A and B, from Physalis alkekengi L. var. franchetii, and their effect on NO release in macrophages. Chem. Biodivers., 5, 758–763 (2008).CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Robert, L., Extracellular matrix and aging: a review of mechanisms and interventions. Cosmet. Toiletries, 116, 61–70 (2001).Google Scholar