A new cytotoxic prenylated dihydrobenzofuran derivative and other chemical constituents from the rhizomes of Atractylodes lancea DC
- 450 Downloads
A new prenylated dihydrobenzofuran derivative (1), was isolated from the rhizomes of Atractylodes lancea DC (Asteraceae), along with ten known compounds, including atractylenolide II (2), φ-taraxasteryl acetate (3), taraxerol acetate (4), β-sitosterol (5), stigmasterol (6), β-eudesmol (7), atractylenolide III (8), atractylenolide IV (9), daucosterol (10), and stigmasterol 3-O-β-D-glucopyranoside (11). The structure of the new compound (1) was elucidated as trans-2-hydroxyisoxypropyl-3-hydroxy-7-isopentene-2,3-dihydrobenzofuran-5-carboxylic acid by the combination of 1D, 2D NMR analysis and mass spectrometry, and it was the first reported 2,3-dihydrobenzofuran derivative having a carboxyl residue at C-5 and an isopentene moiety at C-7 contemporaneously. In addition, compound 1 exhibited significant cytotoxicity against cancer cell lines HCT-116 and MKN-45.
Key wordsAtractylodes lancea Asteraceae Constituent Atractylenolide Dihydrobenzofuran Cytotoxicity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bai, Y., Lou, W., and Liu, Y., Studies on the chemical constituents of Vernonia volkameriifolia (Wall.) DC. Zhongcaoyao, 16, 530–532 (1985).Google Scholar
- Li, N., Deng, C., Li, Y., Ye, H., and Zhang, X., Gas chromatography — mass spectrometry following microwave distillation and headspace solid-phase microextraction for fast analysia of essential oil in dry traditional Chinese medicine. J. Chromatogr. A, 1133, 29–34 (2006).PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Ling, Y., Bao, Y., Zhang, Y., Xiao, Y., and Zheng, J., Study on the chemical constituents of Taraxacum falciolbum Kitag. Zhongcaoyao, 31, 10–11 (2000).Google Scholar
- Lou, F. C., Ma, Q. Y., and Du, F. L., Study on the chemical constituents of Lysimachia foenum-graecum Hance. Zhongguo Yaoke Daxue Xuebao, 20, 37–39 (1989).Google Scholar
- Qian, S. H., Wang, L. Y., Duan, J. A., and Feng, H. The research progress in chemical constituents and biological activities of Atractylodes lancea DC. Zhongguo Yesheng Zhiwu Ziyuan, 25, 8–11 (2006).Google Scholar
- Yang, N. Y., Qian, S. H., Duan, J. A., and Tian L. J., Studies on the chemical constituents of Eupatorium lindleyanum. Zhongguo Yaoke Daxue Xuebao, 34, 220–221 (2003).Google Scholar
- Zhao, Q., Hao, X. J., Chen, Y. Z., and Zou, C., Sesquterpenoids from Hedychium yunnanense. Yunnan Zhiwu Yanjiu, 17, 201–203 (1995).Google Scholar
- Zheng, W. P., Tang, Y. P., Lou, F. C., and Zhi, F., Studies on the constituents of Dendrobium chryseum Rolfe. Zhongguo Yaoke Daxue Xuebao, 31, 5–7 (2000).Google Scholar