Dielectric loaded quasi-lumped element resonator antenna circuit model for U-NII/ISM band wireless applications
- 223 Downloads
In this paper, an analytical procedure for characterizing the dielectric loaded quasi-lumped element resonator (QLER) antenna for wireless applications is presented. The procedure is to examine the equivalent circuit model for the dielectric loaded QLER antenna and its feed structure, based on transmission line theory and equivalent lumped-element circuits. The corresponding lumped-circuit parameters of the equivalent circuit are extracted using analytical formulae taken from the literature and validated by comparison with numerical simulations such as a full-wave finite-element computer code and with experiments. The devised equivalent circuit explains its behavior as either a wide bandwidth or dual-band antenna, depending on the spacing between the dielectric resonator (DR) and the coaxial feed probe location.
KeywordsQuasi-lumped element resonator Dielectric resonator Antenna miniaturization Equivalent circuit characterisation
The authors would like to acknowledge Universiti Sains Malaysia for research grant numbers 1001/PELECT/854004 RUT.
- 1.Caratelli D, Cicchetti R, Bit-Babik G, Faraone A (2006) Circuit model and near-field behavior of a novel patch antenna for WWLAN applications. Microw Opt Technol Lett 1(49):97–100Google Scholar
- 5.Sadhir V, Bahl I, Willems D (1994) CAD-compatible accurate models of microwave passive elements for MMIC applications. Int J Microw Millimeter Wave CAE 4:148–162Google Scholar
- 10.Kulke R, Pogatzki P, Kother D, Sporkmann T, and Wolff I (1994) Enhancement of coplanar capacitor models and verification up to 67 GHz for (M)MIC circuit design, Proc 24th European Microwave Conf, Cannes, pp. 258 –262Google Scholar
- 13.Bahl IJ (2003) Lumped Elements for RF and Microwave Circuits. Artech House, BostonGoogle Scholar
- 16.Collin RE (1992) Foundations for microwave engineering [Hauptw.], 2nd edn. MacGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 17.Neshati M. Wu HZ (2001) The determination of the resonance frequency of the TE111 y mode in a rectangular dielectric resonator for antenna application, Antennas and Propagation, Eleventh International Conference on (IEE Conf. Publ. No. 480), (1), 53–56Google Scholar
- 20.Kajfez D, Guillon P (1986) Dielectric resonators. Artech House, DedhamGoogle Scholar