Performance investigation of vehicle suspension system with nonlinear ball-screw inerter
- 355 Downloads
This paper investigates the influence of ball-screw inerter nonlinearities on the vibration isolation performance of the vehicle suspension system. That is achieved by building a nonlinear mechanics model of the ball-screw inerter with friction in ball-screw assembly and elastic effect of screw. The parameters of the nonlinear mechanics model are identified using recursive least squares algorithm based on test data. Then, the nonlinear ball-screw inerter is applied to vehicle suspension analysis of the half-car model with three passive suspension layouts. The performance of the vehicle suspension system with the nonlinear ball-screw inerter is compared with that with the linear inerter. It is demonstrated from the results that the vibration isolation performance of the vehicle suspension system is slightly influenced by considering the ball-screw inerter nonlinearities in general. The influence of the ball-screw inerter nonlinearities on every performance indicator for different suspension layouts is discussed finally.
Key wordsVibration isolation system Ball-screw inerter Nonlinear mechanics model Parameter identification Vehicle suspension
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Du, F., Mao, M., Chen, Y. J., Wang, Y. J. and Zhang, Y. F. (2014). Structure design and performance analysis of inerter-spring-damper suspension structure based on dynamic model and parameter optimization. J. Vib. Shock 33, 6, 59–65.Google Scholar
- Gao, J., Yang, X. J. And Niu, Z. R. (2014). Robust optimization and sensitivity analysis of hard points on suspension characteristics and full vehicle handling performance. J. Jiangsu Uni. Nat. Sci. Edi. 35, 3, 249–256.Google Scholar
- Liu, L., Zhou, Y. Q. and Mi, Y. Z. (2015). Performance parameter optimization of excavator cab shock absorbers based on Kriging method. J. Jiangsu Uni. Nat. Sci. Edi. 36, 5, 249–256.Google Scholar
- Papageorgiou, C., Houghton, N. E. and Smith, M. C. (2009). Experimental testing and analysis of inerter devices. J. Dyn. Sys. Meas. Con. 131, 1, 1–11.Google Scholar
- Sun, X. Q., Cai, Y. F., Wang, S. H. and Chen, L. (2015b). Damping multi-model adaptive switching controller design for electronic air suspension system. J. Vibroeng 17, 6, 3211–3223.Google Scholar
- Sun, L. Q., Li, Z. X. and Xu, X. (2015c). Quasi-sliding mode variable structure control and test of semi-active air suspension damping. J. Jiangsu Uni. Nat. Sci. Edi. 35, 6, 621–626.Google Scholar
- Wang, F. C. and Chan, H. A. (2008). Mechatronic suspension design and its applications to vehicle suspension control. Proc. IEEE. Conf. Decision and Control, Mexico, 3769–3774.Google Scholar
- Wang, Y., Lu, Z. B. and Cao, P. Y. (2014). Numerical simulation and orthogonal test of baffle in suction chamber of double-suction pump. J. Jiangsu Uni. Nat. Sci. Edi. 35, 5, 525–530.Google Scholar
- Yuan, S. H., Lou, P. L. and Lu, J. H. (2015). Study on throttle performance of throttling orifice based on entropy analysis. J. Drain. Irrig. Mach. Eng. 33, 1, 61–66.Google Scholar